Multiple user resolutions

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Erendiox, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Oct 15, 2004
    Brooklyn NY
    Well, the shiny new apple computer that i've been looking forward to seems a bit far off at the moment, so I got bored and decided to organize my 5 year old windows machine for a change :p

Anyway, along with cleaning up all the files and folders, I decided to seperate everyone using the computer into different user accounts. I thought that, since my parents dont have the best eyes anymore, it would be great to get them to stop complaining about the screen resolution I always use and give them their own. Little did I know, after trial and error and a post on a PC forum, that windows XP has a systemwide resolution. In other words, the resolution cannot be personal to each user account. That really sucks IMO. Why would microsoft do this?

Well, im curious. Does OSX do the same thing? Is there a good reason for MS doing this other than to piss people off?
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    Just tested it, and yes, you can have two users with different resolutions. But other than that, you can just make the icons and words nice and big for them without needing to change the resolution. I'll post pictures to show.

Attached Files: