Multisession burning under Pather?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stella, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Does pather support multisession burning?

I cannot believe apple left this out of Jaquar. I'll be even more in disbelieve if they haven't got multisession burning support in Pather.

What good is single session? Such a waste of Cds

2. Bear macrumors G3

Actually Jaguar has it....

Per Apple Knowledge Base Article #107240 Jaguar does support burning multiple sessions upon a single CD-R.

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

just be aware that multi-session burnt CDs in this fashion won't be readable on PCs.

on my gf's dell, regular CD-R (not RW) works almost like a write-only floppy. write as many times as you want until full. (and it shows up as just one CD...) i hope panther will support something like that which would be compatible with both mac and PC.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It'd be good to get something that works like DirectCD on Windows. For those of you that haven't used it, it basically treats a CD-R/RW like a big floppy. You can add or delete files, as many times as you want. Of course if you're using a CD-R instead of RW then the files don't actually delete, but they appear to.

Anyway, it's buggy and doesn't work half the time, but I'd expect Apple's "version" to work flawlessly :)