Multitunes - iTunes plug-in

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dhc, Aug 22, 2006.

1. dhc macrumors regular

Having found a need for multiple iTunes libraries, I've searched on Macrumors and found similar threads and solutions, but didn't see any listing Multitunes as a solution - has anyone used it? your opinions? I've read up on Libra, and I'm hesitant about the 'hack' that involves typing code into terminal - definately not my comfort zone.. I just want to see all my options.

Because I'm just a little bit paranoid about 3rd party plugins, can anyone reasure me that it's highly unlikely that installing this would have a negative impact on the application/OS? I'm worried about upsetting the currrently fantastic performance of my MBP, just to add this (albeit much needed) feature. :eek: Thanks.

EDIT: - have found a previous mention of Multitunes in the forums, but user opinions appreciated!

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

I didn't download the app and there's no info on the site itself.
    I do think you have nothing to worry about. It will probably just use some sort of alias system to switch libraries.
    I have been using iPhoto Library Manager for some time (does exactly the same for iPhoto) and had no problem at all.
    Go for it. If you don't mind paying the shareware fee.
    Terminal isn't that bad. What are they saying you should type in?

3. dhc thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reasurrance. The Terminal 'stuff' can be found here.
    I find it a bit overwhelming.. my concern is that I'll do something wrong, and not know how to repair the damage.

4. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

That's actually all really easy and simple, except for th fact that you have to open terminal every time you want to toggle libraries, which could be a bit of a pain.

5. dhc thread starter macrumors regular

so do you think that the Multitunes plug-in is basically doing the same thing, but with an interface? - I'd rather not open terminal at all if I don't need to.

6. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Yeah taht does doundl ike a bit of a pain! But good luck and i hope it works!

7. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Probably...either that or another similar method...

8. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

short answer-yup
    long answer-yes i do!

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You could encapsulate the shell scripts in an AppleScript and double-click your way through it.