multiuser access to EyeTV 200

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by quidire, Jul 26, 2005.

1. quidire macrumors 6502

Aug 11, 2004
    Washington DC (in Kalorama Triangle)
    Hello all,

Well I just bought an EyeTV200, and find myself with several questions. In this thread I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to make EyeTV "play nice" w/ OS X fast user switching (in specific) and use by multiple users (in general).

Basically, I understand that the EyeTV device can only be controlled by one user at once, but is there any way to use the EyeTV software in playback-mode by other users?

I wish there were some way that all scheduled programs by users on a machine were sent to a backend "clearing house". This way all users could use the eyetv interface to schedule programs and play back stored recordings. Given what appears to be a near-total lock on the Mac PVR market by Elgato products, has anyone heard of workarounds for this issue?

2. Gerg macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2003
    If I recall, EyeTV defaults to storing its content in the User directory. What if you created a new directory on the hard drive, moved the content there and re-set the preferences to point there? Then, any user should be able to access it, I would think.