Mumbai Train Blasts

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by irmongoose, Jul 11, 2006.

1. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Article link.

Mumbai and Delhi are currently on high alert.

Any locals, further updates will be helpful.

Edit: Thankfully, all of my family in Mumbai is fine. I wish I could say the same for other families...

irmongoose

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Thats terrible.

Best wishes to the families and loved ones of the deceased.

3. emw macrumors G4

emw

I'm actually in Chennai right now, which is on the opposite coast from Mumbai, and we don't know much more here that what's on the news. There doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of concern here right now, but it's hard to tell.

I'll know more in the morning (it's about 10pm here now) about local reaction when I get a better chance to speak with my team here at the office. It's a little disturbing, to be sure, but not much to do right now.

4. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

We have family in Pune, but they seem to be okay (thank goodness). I've been looking at some of the photos of the blasts and they all just look so devastating!

5. Frozone macrumors 6502

That's sad. :( I wish the best to all their families.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I saw this on the news earlier. Here's hoping that it's just a single incident and that no more are planned.

Life is difficult enough without this kind of thing. Aren't natural disasters enough for these terrorists? (No, I'm not expecting an answer to that.)

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

8. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

They suspect it's the work of the Laskhar E Toiba group.

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My thoughts go out to the victims of the bombings and my disdain to those cowards who committed this outrage.

Violence is rarely, if ever, the answer to any struggle.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's so sad... :( :(

FWIW, terrorism and violence are almost unheard of in Chennai.

I'm not sure if anyone from the family is in Mumbai right now... I guess I need to check in with my parents to see if they've heard from anyone tonight.... I've been lost in the gripping world of an all-day-every-day class recently. :(

11. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

While I understand the need for change and to challenge authority, killing civillians is no way to go about it. It is disgusting what one human being can do to another.

12. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Well I just spoke to my folks in bombay.. and they're allright.. they never travel by train anyway. I used to travel by train almost everyday (not to the places mentioned) but I can absolutely imagine the horror. These trains are packed during rush hour.. and I mean packed, that you can't even move.

50% are office workers, returning home.. and the other 50% are mostly students, coming home from school/college. Its insane how bastards will just blow up anybody, and have absolutely no regard for human life. Like a previous poster mentioned.. this is no way to take 'revenge' for government policies,etc.. just makes everything worse. I just hope they find the people who did this and they find them fast.

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I was surprised that some of the news people knew that Bombay and Mumbai were the same place.

I'm glad that more people weren't hurt.

14. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

I'm in Bangalore and I first came to know about this when I arrived at work in the morning and opened MacRumors.. :eek:

Hope they nab the perps. This just shows that terrorism is a global phenomenon and nobody is immune.

15. pdh1 macrumors newbie

"understand the need for change?"

So delusional. This is nothing more that a glorified HATE CRIME.

"While I understand the need for change and to challenge authority, killing civillians is no way to go about it."

So dillsion. This is nothing more that a glorifeid HATE CRIME.

Hate for democracy, hate for others who do not subscribe to hard core Islamic law. Take off the blinders and see it for what it really is.

And I though Islamic Jihad Terrorism was just a reaction to "American imperialism"?

More HATE CRIME Examples:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/24/egypt.blasts/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4782618.stm

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

So very true.

17. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

We heard today that our cousin's husband was in one of the trains that had an explosion. He usually rides first class, but he was with friends that day and decided to ride second class. How lucky/blessed he feels....

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Very lucky.

This reminds me of a dear friend who normally road a certain train/car in the Tokyo subway system. The same one that the Sarin gas was released.

Only on that day, he had gone to work earlier. If not, he would have been right where it went off. Lucky. Very blessed.

19. emw macrumors G4

emw

Glad to hear your family is safe. I'm sure it was stressful waiting to find out about them.

20. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Those kinds of coincidences are amazing. I am so glad he is okay.