Munchkin Card Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by CANEHDN, Aug 24, 2006.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I've been playing the regular Munchkin (not star, super, fu, or space) for a while and was wondering if anyone else has ever played and what they think of it. If anyone plays I'm curious to see if anyone has created their own cards. I'd go to the Munchkin forums by sjgames but those guys in there are a little too weird for me. They are a few levels of geek above me.

2. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

what game is this... can you post a link.. i am confused about this. please more info... thank you

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah me too :confused: And what do those little critters from the Wizard of Oz got to do with cards? Midgit strip poker??? :eek:

4. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

http://www.sjgames.com/munchkin/game/
    It's a card game where you level up and eventually win. You fight monsters, play curses on other players, and equip weapons. It's a really fun game. I recommend it to anyone here.

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Played them all, usually under heavy influence of liquor.

They are very fun :D

Haven't created any cards ourselves but I do like the rules.

If you disagree with something you all have to discuss it loudly but the card owner has the final saying.

Makes for some fun situations when we mix all the cards together and they aren't owned by the same person . . .

Also, you may cheat all you want, as long as the others doesn't notice.

6. huck500 macrumors 6502

huck500

It's a great game, and doubly so when drinking.

Anyone play Settlers of Catan? The news that this is coming to XBox Live Arcade is astounding to me.:eek: :D

Link

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I've played both Muchkin and Settlers of Catan... let's add... Killer Bunnies to the list of fun games!

8. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Never came up with our own cards just used the expansion packs. Another good Steve Jackson game is "Chez Geek" you may want to try it.

The all time favorite game is a Spanish/American card game called "Bang". In college a good friend of mine was in his words "abused as a child and not allowed to have fun" so when he got to college he regressed into all kinds of silly game type purchases with his shinny new credit card so we were all exposed to weekends that revolved around beer and his new game.

9. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I met Steve Jackson at GenCon back in '96 or 97. Funny guy. No real point to this story other than buying Steve Jackson's games goes to a better cause than buying most other games.

Gary Gygax was there, too. First time in forever (it was the first year after Wizards of the Coast bought the D&D rights)... he was a hoot, told all kinds of ridiculous stories.

Ya, ok I'm done now. Thanks for reminding me of his stuff!