Music deals for a poor student?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by C-Mezak, Sep 23, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

Jul 14, 2004
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Hey all,

Anybody knwo where I can find a good student deal for Aleton Live? I've recently moved from home in CA to the UK for school. Problem is, I switched to mac before the move so I had to leave fruity loops behind with my guitars and keyboard. I thought I could handle it, but Im starting to go a little nutty without a musical canvas.

Aside from Live, I want to find a good compact midi controller (49 keys?) that I can use to controll software synths and samplers and a guitar or two. Whatever I buy has to come home with me after the academic year or be sold, and I am next to broke. My parents do so much just to kep me alive. I plan on finding a job when my courses really get underway and I know what sort of work I have time for.

Any help will be appreciated!

2. noirnoir macrumors newbie

Aug 10, 2004
    sunnyvale, ca
    yo yo, you should have just emailed me about this

go to

i dont know if they mess with international stuff but they got all that stuff

yea come on skype more, i never see you
  3. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Has anyone bought something from this site? I never knew about it but there prices are insane!
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    No, I've never heard of it, either. At prices like that, I'm surprised that I've never heard about it here before.
  5. macaddictann macrumors member

Sep 23, 2004
    I came across that site today in my searches before I even saw that post. Man, I've just been nicely blacklisted. I qualify for Apple's education discount, as well as Macromedia's and all those big guys... but not the Academic Superstore, no sir. Pshaw. I spit upon them. :)
  6. t300 macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2004
    Their prices aren't even that good, either. In fact, most of them are horrible.
  7. filete01 macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2004
    I've purchased several things from them before. As a matter of fact I jsut received a Wacom tablet yesterday and it was like $80 less than Best Buy and such. You have to get it shipped within the US and you have to provide a copy of your student ID and that's it!
    there's another site called but It's usually more expensive.