Music exec: quit whining and dump Mac, Linux

Discussion in 'iPod' started by lexfuzo, Sep 24, 2005.

1. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it's probably because their DRM cd's dont work in macs, well they work but not the DRM, on windows it installs what i would class as spyware (unless you hold the shift key to stop autorun takeing over) that stops you copying music, microsoft is the only company that is trying to make their OS completely pirate proof and is letting the music industry but rape us every time we give them our money.

this is why i dont pay for my music, if i like someone i'll pay to go to a gig, thats all.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

*Nods in agreement with Hector*

although the last and only concert i went to was some Manchester Unicef thing that had Wheatus, Catatonia and a couple of others. :D

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

it is quite amusing that the mac os and linux is too secure to allot their crap :p, it's like a thief saying "hey buy an insecure car next time douche bag"

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Man, I must be aging rapidly. I thought both Wheatus and Catatonia were primary characters in "I, Claudius."

6. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

umm, drm'd cds work just fine in a mac - actually they work great - just insert the CD and rip into iTunes like you would any other CD*. why should mac users have a problem with them?

the problem is for all the windows users that like itunes/ipods. and there are a lot of them! but I guess using an mp3 player is a privilege, so they should just shut up and do as they are told...

* at least that's how it was for the foo fighters cd I bought recently.

7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Buggy firmware from Apple a few years ago caused major problems. link

8. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Sometimes you just have to laugh. They just can't be serious.

9. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

That article was referring to the "will not play on mac/pc" disks that were around a few years ago. Newer copy protected CDs are not like that, and (usually) work on Macs just fine. It wasn't buggy firmware either, the disks were intentionally manufactured not to play on computers.

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I think it was a parody or extremely dry sarcasm. You guys fell for it. Haha.

11. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Of course it was buggy firmware, there's no excuse for a computer to be locked up by a defective disc of any sort -- and of course, Apple released a bug fix. They don't release bug fixes for bugs that don't exist.

12. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

No, they release updates ;)

13. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

They were doing a spot on this on NPR. The guy who drives me to school was listening to it really carefully, because he has a fresh iPod Mini (ok, not newnew, but like 3 months old) and is still loading music on it.

So, after it, he turns around and asks me, "How do you feel about this?"

I say
    "Mr. Weebs, you're fine. You use a Mac. This doesn't apply to us. Because we're awesome."

Laughs had by all... directed at the windows-using-drm'd-why-can't-I-load-this-on-my-Sony-Walkman-Bean people.

:p

14. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

:D