music forum?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 2A Batterie, Jun 30, 2004.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Does anyone else think it would be great to have a music forum? Some statistic from somewhere at sometime said that 80% of the music industry uses mac. While I certainly can't provide hard information that this is accurate, I'd say that it is safe to say that many folks in the music industry know that Mac is where it is at. I've scanned this site for the past several months and it has been of great value in regards to keeping me informed about Macs (next week I buy mynew setup for my studio!), and I feel that Macrumors would be an even greater assest to my community if there were some sort of music forum. I'm aware of sites like macmusic.org and osxaudio, but even being a musician (not a "computer guy") I find that this site gives me more information than the others. I'd be stoked for a music forum.

2. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

boy do I feel stupid

I swore I searched this page up and down for a music forum and never saw one! Oh well, just demote me to Macrumors Retard

3. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Not to keep pushing the issue, but....

EDIT: sorry.. I accidently posted this before my info was in

4. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Not to keep pushing the issue, but....

I checked out the forum, and yea it's a music forum and all, but I was wondering if there are any people here interested about music on the mac aside from itunes and ipod. I see the occasional GBand comment, and the program is awesome, but I really don't see too much stuff about professional audio. Is there anyone on this site that has as much knowledge about Protools HD, Logic, Reason, MOTU, microphone selection, audio monitors (not labtec or consumer stuff, but professional studio monitors), recording techniques, latests music tech etc, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Thanks!