Music from mac to pc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dadio2002, Sep 24, 2005.

1. dadio2002 macrumors regular

dadio2002

Hello

I am in my friends dorm and she has a pc laptop connected to the school network. They have a proxy server so alot of programs cant connect becuase she doesnt know all the settings for it. I brought my powerbookwith me which as wireless and bluetooth. How can i transfer music wirelessly or with a ethernet cable?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

Im not connected to her network becuase there is only one ethernet jack in the room. So i wanted to do it just wireless or something.

So what im saying is 2 laptops. mac to pc no network connection between the two want to transfer music and other files to pc. on the pc we tried to enable bluetooth but it said she needed a radio thing. Theya re both built in wifi.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can use wireless 802.11B/G in the same way as you would ethernet. You follow the same steps in the guide. It'll be slower but not nearly as slow as Bluetooth! :eek:

5. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

I havent seen anything there that helps my question? its talking about setting up on a network. But cant connect to a server cuase the pc is one ethernet jack.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's telling you how to share files between the two. :)

You don't need a server.

7. untamedhysteria macrumors regular

untamedhysteria

8. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

Okay so your saying if I enable file sharing on the laptop it will work with no router or network of somekind? What about computer to computer setup on apple?

in the steps for existing user, there is no edit user button which means I cannot find the checkmark that I need to enable

9. yuwing macrumors newbie

10. dadio2002 thread starter macrumors regular

dadio2002

well it could be that i cant find that edit button this may be the problem also i cant drag and drop my pc files on my mac