1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Music listed incorrectly on 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Seventh, Oct 1, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Just curious about a minor issue. Noticed that songs, albums and artists are listed incorrectly [seems to be that J titles and names are listed as K, Q titles as R] on my 4G. Have synced the same library to my 2G and all appears listed correctly on there. Any ideas as to the cause?

2. macrumors regular

avit

Things like The, Or, And, aren't counted as words.

3. macrumors newbie

Am aware of that, that's not the issue.

J and Q are missing from the album, artist and song lists. Albums, songs and artists that should be listed under those letters are listed under K and R respectively.

J and Q are present [with music listed correctly] when I view the same library on the 2G and also present when I view the same library through the Apple Remote app on the 4G.

4. macrumors newbie

Should be some images below [resized 4G screenshot, left. 2G, right.]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [I have no knowledge of how James Blunt - or Kasabian, for that matter - found their way on there. This need not be addressed.] :p

5. macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Well both iPods are jailbroken... No iPod touch has the battery %

6. macrumors newbie

The 2G is jailbroken, the 4G is not. Battery percentage indicator can be carried over to the 4G from a backup which had it enabled in SBSettings.

7. macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Its still not the Original OS on the touch 4th gen. So it was restored from a backup. That backup has jailbroken code in it and is put on your new touch.

8. macrumors newbie

Whatever the case, it doesn't appear relevant.