Music on xbox

Discussion in 'Games' started by mike dunx, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mike dunx macrumors regular

Is there by any chance any method of getting music onto the original xbox other than importing throught cd that i'm not aware of? CD import takes sooo long.

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

There is the Xbox Music Mixer thing that comes with a cd and microphone that allows you to transfer music from a computer running XP, but that's the only other alternative method that I know of.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/musicmixer/

3. Zinthar macrumors 6502

Nothing else that's worth your time or money.

Unfortuneately the original Xbox's music capabilities can't hold a candle to the 360's, which allow you to hook up ipod's or stream mp3's from a computer on your home network.

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

5. mike dunx thread starter macrumors regular

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

well, have an xbox #1.

then buy a modchip

if you want a media center, gaming machine, $20 modchip, youll probably have to flash it with a BIOS as they typically dont sell them flashed. the BIOS is what makes the modchip a "modchip". without it, its a doorstop really.

if you want to go on Xbox live, i recommend you stop that habit now, itll complicate things and youd need a more expensive chip.

installing the chip is NOT difficult if you have any soldering skills

purchase a decent ATA/IDE hard drive, the size of which can be determined by either your own costs, or by what you truly want to put onto it.

if its a media center, like mine, go for as large as you can get. the xbox can take "any size" hd, though I dont recommend any larger than 400GB as I havent read up on anything larger, so I cant say it would actually work 100%.

if its just a gaming machine, with some 1-4GB XBOX games, emulators of all flavors and your ROMs, youd maybe be talking 80-250GB as a good size, which gives you plenty of room for media, but not as much as 400GB would, of course.

xbox-scene.com

cheggit.

7. mike dunx thread starter macrumors regular