Music quz has gone insane.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Kingsnapped, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I just ripped a couple CDs to iTunes, and imported them to my ipod, and now it won't recognise the music quiz. If I push it, it says "no music found." I'm sure that out of my 970 songs, it could at least find five. It worked fine in the past. All I changed was:
    • The addition of "Dark Side of the Moon"
    • Enabled Firewire HD mode
    • Charged it overnight.

Yesterday (before the updates) I was playing it out of a stereo at work and it randomly shut itself (the iPod) off twice. Between this, that and all of my other sketchy little battry issues, I'm thinking of calling Apple for a replacement.

Anybody care to offer advice, sympathy or help?

2. NP3 macrumors regular

Try reinstalling the iPod software by "restoring" it.

If that doesn't help....i've found that with my original 5GB one holding down the play button and menu button and letting itself restart about 5 times helps.

3. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

don't know if this helps but I found that music quiz only works if I import music to the ipod as a playlist not simply by dragging music directly to it.

4. ckwm macrumors member

Did you eject the iPod from the desktop before you took it out of the dock? If you are in Firewire disk mode you have to do this manually. You can get some funnies if you don't eject.