Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Good morning all. I have a question regarding music on my iPad.

Before the latest update my music was listed by artist and within the artist the albums were sorted chronologically and by taping the artist in the listing all the albums would play right through. In this new abomination of a music app it appears that this functionality is no longer there.

Am I being stupid in just not seeing the settings to revert to my preferred setup or is it no longer there?

Ok , two questions, sorry.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Ok after playing around with the new music app thing on ipad i have come to the conclusion that the idiots at apple must have a clause in their contracts that says "if something is working well and smoothly you MUST redesign it to be crap". My albums no longer play one after the other in chronological order it shows me pictures of the band rather than album covers when listing artists and is, in my opinion , a retrograde step from the previous. IT IS *****.

Has anybody got an email address to somebody at apple so i can ask them why the screw around and muck up something that was perfectly adequate? Or at least give the option of returning to the previous system.

Much as i love my apple stuff i do get hacked off sometimes as to why they muppets in charge do things like this

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.