*@!% Music Store!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diomedes, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Diomedes macrumors 6502

Is any one else noticing an increase in iTMS errors? I cannot buy ANYTHING. I get the attached error. I even bought a Music Card from the Apple Store, and still nothing! I discovered (the hard way) if you click on Purchase repeatedly, you get CHARGED!

This is driving me crazy. I've also been getting intermittent "We could not complete your request (5002)" errors.

Attached Files:

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

did your credit card expire or something along those lines... ?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Hmmm...I've bought a few songs recently and have not had trouble. Any chance of a network or firewall type of issue somewhere in your system? :(

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

bought music today at work, and again just now.

No problems at all this week for me.

5. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Call Apple. Get your money back... They better...

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

It wouldn't let him purchase. How could he get his money back? :confused:

7. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Ahem:

I'd sure as hell would be on the phone with Apple...

8. Diomedes thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, they did take my money. Each time I clicked on "Purchase", I would see the amount deducted from my PayPal account.

Even supposing, say, that my PayPal account was negative (which it isn't), I bought a pre-paid music card. In my previous experience of using those cards, the amount available is used first.

To further confound things, I was able to make 1 purchase today; but every other one gets the same. This is SO annoying.

I guess my next step is to create another account and see if I can use that one...

9. cartmill72 macrumors newbie

My last successful download via iTunes was Thursday using PayPal. Since then, I haven't been charged for the purchase, nor have I been able to buy anything else.

I continue to get either a 502 error or a message reading "Credit Card Transactions Can Not Be Processed At This Time."

My wife, however, can use the same computer and same credit card with her account and download anything.

I can't buy videos, singles or full albums. The Apple discussion boards are full of people reporting similar problems. Though most are in Canada, this problem is being reported throughout the United States, too.

10. cashmoney macrumors member

once they charge you, I think you can still get the song. Just click on "advanced" then "check of Purchases". It should then go to the music store and download your song.

11. revisionA macrumors 6502

The dealio

Unless you click Yes on the 'are you sure' window that comes up, you arent charged.

If you have one click purchasng enabled, you neeed to go to Advanced and Check for Purchased Music... it will look to see if you have been authorized to purchase music but its not yet on your machine.

If you still dont get the song, call Apple.

I had a couple albums it refused to LET ME buy. I waited 3 days and it worked, they were moving files from one server to the next or something.

$

12. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

13. Diomedes thread starter macrumors 6502

Although they haven't yet told me why it happened, Apple did promptly refund my money, and the issue seems to have been fixed.