Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diomedes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
San Francisco
Is any one else noticing an increase in iTMS errors? I cannot buy ANYTHING. I get the attached error. I even bought a Music Card from the Apple Store, and still nothing! I discovered (the hard way) if you click on Purchase repeatedly, you get CHARGED!

This is driving me crazy. I've also been getting intermittent "We could not complete your request (5002)" errors.

Attachments

• ITMS Error.jpg
    ITMS Error.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 69

Diomedes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
San Francisco
lilstewart92 said:
It wouldn't let him purchase. How could he get his money back? :confused:

Well, they did take my money. Each time I clicked on "Purchase", I would see the amount deducted from my PayPal account.

Even supposing, say, that my PayPal account was negative (which it isn't), I bought a pre-paid music card. In my previous experience of using those cards, the amount available is used first.

To further confound things, I was able to make 1 purchase today; but every other one gets the same. This is SO annoying.

I guess my next step is to create another account and see if I can use that one...

cartmill72

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
My last successful download via iTunes was Thursday using PayPal. Since then, I haven't been charged for the purchase, nor have I been able to buy anything else.

I continue to get either a 502 error or a message reading "Credit Card Transactions Can Not Be Processed At This Time."

My wife, however, can use the same computer and same credit card with her account and download anything.

I can't buy videos, singles or full albums. The Apple discussion boards are full of people reporting similar problems. Though most are in Canada, this problem is being reported throughout the United States, too.

cashmoney

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2005
once they charge you, I think you can still get the song. Just click on "advanced" then "check of Purchases". It should then go to the music store and download your song.

revisionA

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
The dealio

Unless you click Yes on the 'are you sure' window that comes up, you arent charged.

If you have one click purchasng enabled, you neeed to go to Advanced and Check for Purchased Music... it will look to see if you have been authorized to purchase music but its not yet on your machine.

If you still dont get the song, call Apple.

I had a couple albums it refused to LET ME buy. I waited 3 days and it worked, they were moving files from one server to the next or something.

$

Diomedes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
San Francisco
Although they haven't yet told me why it happened, Apple did promptly refund my money, and the issue seems to have been fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.