Music videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrVegas, Jun 20, 2005.

1. MrVegas macrumors regular

I went to www.launch.yahoo.com which is a pretty good music video site. It says that you have to have Netscape 4.7x on a Mac to view them.

Is it a bad idea to download Netscape to my new G5? Are there alternatives?

2. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

they don't support os x. you need netscape 4.x in os 8.5-9.2.2. at least that's what they told me. i bitched to them about it to no avail--6 different emails from 6 different addresses, *exactly the same form letter back each time*

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    here's my answers from the feedback form or w/e, quoted back to me in the email from their tech support
    sorry if that's not very coherent or w/e, i was kinda pissed off.
    here's what they said in return

3. MrVegas thread starter macrumors regular

Has anybody installed Netscape on OSX? Bad idea?

4. briand05 macrumors 6502

AOL has music videos in quicktime which will work with OSX, just go to AOL.com and look for music then videos. The quality is not quite the level of launch on windows but it's better than trying netscape and classic (which barely works, I wouldn't recommend it though). As much as I dislike AOL at least they support Mac OS X for their music videos.

5. Switzermac macrumors regular

6. briand05 macrumors 6502

not according to yahoo. Yahoo insists you use a very outdated 4.7 netscape in classic, it will work, but the video is extremely small to the point where it's barely visible anyway and I was unable to adjust the quality. I have found no way yet to get yahoo music videos to work in OS X.