Music Videos

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Robokev, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Robokev macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Jus got a 5G 60 GB Black ipod.:) I know you can download music videos from itunes for 2 bux but what if i allready have a music video on my computer that i want to load on my ipod. i tried to do so allready and itunes sees the video fine but when i sync my ipod w/itunes, it never gets put on. can someone please help? any help is appreciated.

2. devman macrumors 65816

devman

If you search this site this has been discussed many times. The 5G iPod only plays video of certain specs. The simplest option if you have Quicktime Pro is to use its Export Movie to iPod 320x240 option.

3. Robokev thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Google 'iSquint'.

If memory serves, it is free, and will do what you ask for.

5. Robokev thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll try that and im also trying videora ipod converter. seems to be working good so far

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

iSquint is probably the best video converter I've used for the iPod Video. Very quick and simple to use.

7. Simplistic macrumors member

Music videos galore
    Though most of them don't want to convert to iPod format. I think it has something to do with the way the video was coded. Sucks.

8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Nice find. I'm not on my mac to try right now but maybe you can convert them using VLC. I've used VLC to convert some videos so hopefully it will work with these too.

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well it looks like some of them are Windows Media Player files and some are Quicktime. I don't think it's possible to convert the WMV files to play on the iPod but any file that opens in Quicktime you should be able to do. Does anybody know if it's possible to convert the WMV files?