Music Videos

Discussion in 'Community' started by trickytree, Dec 14, 2003.

1. trickytree macrumors newbie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hong Kong
    This is actually my first post on MR.... But I would greatly appreciate it if you would have a look at a couple of videos that I have made for our band here in HK. Basically, we play original songs and knowing how difficult it is to hold the audiences attention with a lack of covers, we have decided to produce videos for our songs which will play in the background at our concert in February.

I have 18 + to do, but have knocked together these first two using an iMac and iMovie. Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The audio track for the first video (Pervert in Disguise) was taken from a rehearsal when we were first putting the song together, so apologies for the audio quality / mix..... The videos can be found at.....

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you.....
  2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2003
    the bobbing heads: mickey, mask, and beak, were hilarious.:D and it was refreshingly different from music videos here in the states.
  3. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    It would have been nice if you were using less repeating shots. Especially the first video ran out of ideas too quickly. Sexy girls, though. Are they always walking there? Where do you live, btw? ;) :D
  4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
  5. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2003
    Adelaide, Australia
    Agreed, I've made 2 music video clips for local Adelaide Bands, and have learn't quite a bit from doing that plus other projects and work on Film sets. Less repeating shots, better Audio (levels are all out, esp the vocals) a few more ideas.

Not bad for a first go, Keep up the good work.
  6. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Very entertaining with a nice beat. I think that you have a bright future.
  7. trickytree thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the comments lads.....

Actually, the problem with the first video was that we had a distinct lack of material..... So heading back out to the streets of Wanchai to film a bit more this coming weekend. We are also going to try and get in a studio and record a proper soundtrack for "Pervert". What you are listening to is a minidisc recording of a rehearsal without the lead singer, so yes, the sound is a bit out.

Actually living in Hong Kong and yes, on Sundays, the girls are walking down the street like this. Was actually the view sitting outside of our local pub supping a few beers. A very enjoyable afternoon....