Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gangst, Jan 16, 2005.

1. gangst macrumors 6502a

Dec 27, 2004
    Hi, all

I know this probably aint the best place to post this, but any ways, any of you guys know of any real catchy, trickery techniques and how they are done, that can be used in music videos? I know alot, but me and some mates are goin big and need to get noticed quick so a great video would help.

THanks for the help
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    You're right.

If you're going 'big' then get someone with a track record in music-videos on board...

Failing that, rooms full of large-breasted women always seem to work. :rolleyes:
  3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

Sep 6, 2003
    Well, everyone now adays wants to look like film, so 24p downconversion is a must, with an adjustment is all the gamma curve, contrast, hue, and saturation. All those are dependent of the lighting and feel of that exact shot. A trick is to underexpose a little, then correct in post. Makes it look more profesional. Some music videos have gone total green screen, life Frantz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse. Then they spend months in post with after effects and shake.
  4. MentalFabric macrumors 6502

Mar 10, 2004
    The best piece of advice I can think of is to find someone who will be able to transfer the emotion you want to screen...

as far as technique is concerned, there's the obvious, fill up the screen more and move the camera faster when the music is loud + vice versa, never point the camera at one thing for too long, or the same thing too many times.

if you want any help and are london based I'd be happy to (free of charge of course) as I enjoy random/different experiences with this kind of thing.