Music

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Paolo, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Paolo macrumors regular

What is the best software to use on the mac to author your own music?

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

ProTools free, 8 tracks of audio, good plug-ins. Not expandible (it is free) and works with midi too.

www.digidesing.com

But at the end everything depends of what you want to spend and how much experience you have.

4. neut macrumors 68000

neut

perfect drug?

Reason is my drug of choice . . . but I also have taken advantage of Cubase, ReCycle, Re-Birth, ProTools (Free), Absynth, Metasynth, Spark, Peak, CAPS2MIDI, Goldwave64 (PC), Little Drummer boy (PC), and Stomper Ultra++ (PC); All of which have been very useful programs.

They all have there advantages and disadvantages, but you can create music with any combination of these programs. Reason is only prgram where you can have a virtual mid range studio that lets you create as much music as you want, with as many compenents as you want, straight outta the box (and can be expanded by samples that you have or make and also by programs like, ReCycle, Re-Birth, and Cubase.

I've been wanting try Neuendo for awhile, but haven't had the chance.

. . .

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    lots of choices

if you're into drum programming and using loops then reason is the stuff ( and its only $250.00 and you don't need I/O gear).
    if you want to record and do just minimal midi stuff then protools free is cool. if you want to do more than just 8 tracks of audio and need serious midi strength then digital performer, cubase or logic will do the trick. if you get one of these three, spend an extra $74 and get cycling 74's pluggo plug-ins. an amazing value and you can create some seriously twisted audio with them.

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Apple

Apple Audio section has had some pretty serious stuff for doing these projects lately. I was on there the other day, and you can download whole studios to Author music on!

I think it is great that Apple is posting all these downloads, it really gets people the people who say X has no programs to shutup!