Muslims For Bush.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by HasanDaddy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I think it's good that he's hosting Ramadan parties at the WH, but really rather irrelevant.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i have to wonder if it's actually muslims plural -- seems to be the efforts of one guy w/ an arabic name.

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

LOL. If it were Muslims for Kerry, it would be the coolest thing ever. Can't you guys accept that there are people that support Bush. I am sitting here at work looking into the jewelry kiosk in the mall, where Muhammad, and Saleem work everyday. They are from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Guess what. They support Bush. They don't agree with everything that he has done, but they want him to be re-elected. Because he has taken the fight to the terrorists. See, they believe that inaction is weak. They believe Clinton was weak. Weakness in the Muslim world is cowardly, and something to be taken advantage of.

I personally think it is a wonderful thing, and something that shows that people can be accepting.

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Or maybe like a group like Log Cabin Republicans that stand behind a president that does not respect equal rights for all.

5. professor macrumors newbie

Well, didn't Michael Moore so nicely point out why (some) Saudi Arabians support Bush, e.g. the Bin Ladens?

6. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, believe Michael Moores lies. He claimed that the Bin Ladens flew out on 9/11. BS they flew out nearly two day later. What a putz

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

If you actually watch the movie, he says that they flew out two days later. He did not say they flew out on 9/11 ever.

Back on topic, every Arab I know despises Bush, partly for Iraq, and mostly for his pro-Israeli stance. The Israel-Palestine conflict is really the front lines of the war for them.

Lee Tom

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

What is missing is that there were many others that were delayed even longer than the "bin Ladens". i will have to wait till the 9-11 movie hits the DVD list to see the exact timing that the the "bin Ladens" were allowed.

I know of a friend that traces his roots to the Mayflower that it too k almost two weeks before being able to get back the US after being in Europe on trying to fly on 9-11.

Moore never said to my knowledge that they flew out AFTER the airspace was closed on 9-11 or even the next day. They WERE given preferential in the leaving of the US. And given the family connection, they were only given a courtesy interview before leaving.

While others, including a "friend" of of mine, that was in Pakistan for a wedding; living in the US for over 10 years was detained without legal counsel for three weeks because his return flight was on 9-11.

I guess unless you have "oil"money behind you, or are part of the Bush "Pioneers" you have no chance on Constitutional protections.
    Must be nice to be an FOB - A Friend of Bush....

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Can you shed light on some of the rhetoric by a group that has been doing Pro-Israel commercials - in the DC area (sorry I forgot their name). They point out that the Palestinians rejected a "homeland" back in the late 60's. And rejected every overture since then.

I may be to lazy to to look for references.

I look at the situation as being one of neither side being willing to meet half way. And I fault Israel in more some cases because they have had the US backing them, or at least remaining silent.

While some will say about the use of terrorism by the Palestinians, I believe until we give each side the same number of f-16's, it is hard to justify one action verses the other.

10. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

He did say 2 days later. And anyway, 2 days later there was still an airplane banso it still stands up as a criticism.

11. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

If anything, we've simply taken our troops and offered them up to terrorists as targets. All the terrorists have to do is go to Iraq, 'cause we know they weren't there before.

Attacking and occupying France would be a great show of strength. They have refused to support us in our endeavors in Iraq.

It would not be cowardly to invade them; they have nuclear weapons and a formidable military. Should we invade France to show our strength, that we are willing to take action? Obviously, not doing so is a sign of weakness, right?

Sometimes when a strong man resorts to inaction it is a result of the alternative action being absolutely ****ing stupid.

It's politics, how can you possibly see it as a wonderful thing? It just means they agree with your politics.

There's nothing humanistic about it.

You're wrong, but I doubt you care.

12. macsrus macrumors 6502

Oh yes and we know That Michael Moore's movie is the PLACE where everyone SHOULD get their facts FROM...
    Oh wait OLIVER STONE makes movies too

13. macsrus macrumors 6502

Funny....

You should have chosen any other nation but France to make your point...
    They have to be the biggest whimpy losers of the 20th century

14. macsrus macrumors 6502

I almost agreed with you on this one...
    If not for the equal rights stuff.... well we came close anyway

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Nice... Three posts of snide comments with nothing productive added to the discussion.

Well make that four now... :p

16. macsrus macrumors 6502

Wow..... nice laugh... Make it 5

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

french-bashing is verboten in this forum

18. macsrus macrumors 6502

Ah... come on now where else can we bash them....
    This is a political forum after all....:)

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You're right. France are big losers.

To be specific, in defending their liberty and the world from fascists and imperialists (during which time the US typically sat it out as long as possible), they lost millions of their best and bravest.

1,300,000 in World War I, 600,000 in World War II. They lost a generation of young men to the horrors of attritious warfare, gas attacks and machine gunners. Those who survived would bear tragic witness to the Nazi blitzkrieg.

The United States cannot begin to understand the enormity of such destruction of life and homeland. We have no idea, and haven't gotten close in a century and a half.

To call them "whimpy" is beyond an insult, and exposes you for what you are.
    I'd dare you to say that kind of bull**** to a French WWII vet's face.

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

You're right. Let's just focus our racist hate for everyone right in here. We'll start with blacks and Mexicans, then hit the French, then follow up with the Chinese.

You go first.

21. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

The point being is Moore opened up of question of Bush's involvement in the bin Laden's leaving the US right after 9-11. When I saw the film, the dates went by too quickly.

There are those of us that want all the info BEFORE passing judgment.

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Where did you disagree with the Founding Fathers then?

23. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thank you. Your words ring so loud and clear I am embarrassed at those that don't understand them. For they have not right to enjoy freedom otherwise.

24. Leo Hubbard macrumors newbie

Technically it wasn't our fight, they didn't attack us until Pearl Harbor.
    Even then it was only the Japanese, according to democrats we shouldn't of attacked Germany at all because it wasn't our fight.

Some of us learn from our errors on the past and try not to repeat it, like trying to insure Saddam doesn't become the next Hitler by nipping it in the bud instead of waiting until he's so powerful you have to lose hundreds perhaps thousands of men trying to accomplish something that would've cost much less had you taken the inicitive much earlier.

France didn't honor their mutual defense pact with Czechovakia, when Germany decided to take it over. They themselves didn't get involved in WWII until Germany decided to make them a target and then it was too late for them.