Must have *stuff* for PSP

Discussion in 'Games' started by tobefirst, Aug 22, 2006.

1. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Hey, I'm hoping all you gamers could help me out. I haven't followed Sony's venture into the handheld market very much, so I'm really unsure as to what to get here.

My nephew is getting a PSP for his birthday from his grandparents. So I need to know what kinds of accessories you guys would suggest buying.

He has a DS and plays mostly Pokemon type games, but never online...just against the computer. He's seldom online, so I don't think that I'd need to buy anything specifically related to online gaming or anything related to the internet.

I'm not necessarily looking for game suggestions, although if you have a GREAT game for an 11 year old to suggest, that is welcome. I'm just wondering about what peripherials, if any, will make the PSP experience better.

Thanks for your help, gamers!

2. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

why does he need a PSP and a DS? meh anyway,

for games, i think Loco Roco would be good.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Games:
    Loco Rocco
    Tokobot

PSP stuff:
    Logitech playgear.....for protection
    A bigger memory stick for demo downloads

Thats all I would suggest.

Bless

5. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Because, like any good grandparents, they love to spoil him with things he does not need. :)

What else would he need a memory stick for? I'm assuming game saves and such. I don't anticipate him downloading demos all that often, honestly, but I'll defer to you guys on that. How big of a stick would you suggest?

EDIT: Also...am I correct in that LocoRoco is not out yet? I should have mentioned, in my initial post, the time table for this. That is my bad. :) I need something for this weekend. Thanks.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I would get him a 512MB or 1gig stick........since he won't be doing too much demo downloads or music, photo, movies......the 32MB that comes with the PSP should be fine...IF he doesn't need music, photos, movies, demos...stuff like that.

Note: loco rocco will be out in september in the U.S.....get him katamari damancy

Bless

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Metal Case, Screen Protector, bigger memory card, if he plans to use the PSP none-gaming stuff

8. tobefirst thread starter macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Keep 'em comin'.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What ?? Loco still hasnt been release stateside :eek: i'm on my third play through of this amazing game :p (sorry just love to rub your nose in it - it's extremely rare a japanese game gets released in europe first)

Wipeout Pure is good, Exit is a fine puzzle game, and theres a monster collecting game either out or coming out that's very much like the pokemon games... Cant remember the name, but I'm sure someone will jog my memory...

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^:( .....the demo is keeping my company though....the song is addictive....its playing in my head right now.

I think WTF will be released this week so you might want to look at that as well.

Bless

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Gotta have the Logitech Playgear. It's worth ten times its weight in gold.

And Wipeout Pure rules.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

it does? I always saw it as a weaker version the F-Zero series. Where they got their controls tighter and more refined with each game, the Wipeout... Wip3out(?) went slacker. I was banking on this being my the PSP game too :( Fewer tracks, fewer crafts, fewer everything compared to F-Zero it felt.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But loads of tracks & ships to download free of charge ;)

But F-Zero GX was better (even though it was a Sega game technically)

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed. I don't even use my logitech playgear anymore..only to store it in when not in use..too damn bulky:)

Wipepure is nice and fast pace....still enjoying it even though I'm not a big fan of racing games.

Bless

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yup! On the Super Monkey Ball engine too. I remember when I first booted the game up on my folks 60" TV and just getting a little tear in my eye when it displayed the Sega and Nintendo logos side by side. The 2 rulers of my childhood finally together.