Must Read For Anyone Thinking G4 Upgrades

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Dont Hurt Me, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Dont Hurt Me
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Otherworld computing has posted these reviews of upgrades for the Powermac. This is a must look if you have been thinking of taking your powermac to the next level.Also gives good comparison between dual and single machines.http://eshop.macsales.com/reviews If you are a mac gamer and concerned with frame rates check out performance tests from feb 21.

2. KingArthur
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Very good read. Thanks for the heads-up (even if I don't have a computer capable of even supporting such a card;-)). This definately puts the scores in perspective, but I wish they included the PowerMac 2x1.25Ghz model (or whatever the top speed is) b/c that would have been a much better comparison of whether or not one should buy a new mac or just upgrade their old one.

3. Dont Hurt Me
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

They did show a dual 1.2 powerlogix upgrade which should be very close to the mdd1.25. I thought it was very interesting seeing the difference between a L3 machine a non L3 like my 733. Also these benchmarks proved again that in gaming that 2nd cpu doesnt do a whole lot unless a game is programed to use it. I would look at the 1 gig mdd versus the 1 gig upgrades and that should give you an idea.This one graph that i borrowed was at 1280 x 1024 with a ati 9000 pro. SPOCK would say Fascinating! Sorry this was a bench on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Attached Files: