Mute-able Browser?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by this is funah, Mar 17, 2006.

1. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

is there some way i can mute only safari so that i dont get stupid songs and videos and ads interrupting my itunes?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

As far as I'm aware you can't. It's an interesting idea though.

3. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

Audio Hijack might allow you to do this.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I always wished there were separate volume controls for each application. Sometimes I like to listen to my music loud, but have a game (with no volume control) playing it's sound effects low and iChat's BLEEP noise low.

5. Xenious macrumors 6502a

I always thought that was a cool idea. Have some "application mute" button in the corner of the app to mute sound individually as a core OS piece. It's got to be totally possible. There are apps that let you control audio (as the one linked), but wouldn't it be cooler just to have a standard UI button on the window itself?

Edit: just saw that you can have detour show up in the menu bar, very interesting. Going to check that out tonight

Edit2: drat it seems to have issues in 10.4.3 and is no longer supported

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Get an Airport Express and use Airtunes for playing music. Then you can turn the Computer sound all the way down and the music all the way up. Couldn't live without my Airtunes... :D