MW NY is in July! Will we see any new products/updates earlier?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by webwolf, Feb 7, 2003.

1. webwolf macrumors newbie

Ok, now MW NY is still long to go! Woa...

Is there any event between now and July that Apple will use to announce new/updated products?

Any ideas?

cheers

webwolf

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: MW NY is in July! Will we see any new products/updates earlier?

If you hadn't noticed, Apple is announcing updates seperate from events now.

There is no reason to think they will not also announce new products outside of an event. They will probably just host a big press conference if they do announce new products. Updates will happen like they have for the past couple of updates. (iMac G4, PowerMac).

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Re: Re: MW NY is in July! Will we see any new products/updates earlier?

True, but those are for the "updates"... a 970 is just not going to cut it for an overnight surprise... Apple is definetely going to save that for a Macworld...

irmongoose

4. Bear macrumors G3

Re: Re: Re: MW NY is in July! Will we see any new products/updates earlier?

That's presuming Apple is still attending MacWorlds at that point. That is why I mentioned the possibility of press conferences for new products.

What is MacWorld after all but a press conference tied in with a product exposition.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I wouldn't expect any big news/updates until MWSF, but speed bumps or minor updates are pretty much a given.

That would also include not seeing anything on the IBM 970 at the earliest MWNY, but I'm thinking we would be really lucky if we saw it then. MWSF might be a better bet.

D

6. webwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

What I'm waiting for is a revision of the iPod. I don't see any major new features yet, just a bigger HD and a solution for that pesky battery-drain while turned off.

hmm, let's hope

W

7. webwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

8. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

I actually didn't know the answer to this question myself as I'm pretty knew to the Apple world.
    I searched google and the last few MWSF expos appear to have all taken place during mid. January... So it'll probably be safe to assume that the next MWSF will be Jan 2004. :)

9. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

WWDC is likely to bring news on the Xserve/Xraid front. iPods may be updated as the hard drive production ramps up.

Speed bumps are likely to follow availability from Moto.

The 970? Dark horse...I hope it is announced at NY...I wish is were announced sooner...I feel it will be announced MWSF...who knows...

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I thought there wasnt going to be a macworld ny that it was going to boston and not attended by apple. also apple is still using expose to show off new products such as the new powerbooks they just are not using them for regular product updates such as bumping mhz. I like watching the expose myself when steve pulls out a new product.

11. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Boston MacWorlds don't start until 2004. There will still be a MacWorld New York in July of 2003.

Also, Apple is trying to pull away from big announcements at MacWorlds. Sales always drop off before the events, so they're trying to shy away from big announcements so sales will stay strong.

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks, maybe new powermacs in july?If the 970 gets mass produced by june steve could show one in july and start shipping in aug??

13. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

if the iPod line doesn't get updated by MWNY it will have been a whole year since the last update for the line and i'll be really pissed especially because i'm waiting till new ones come out to get one