MWSF 2005 pictures?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Daveway, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Has anyone taken pictures inside or near the convention center? Usually we start to see pictures of covered banners and booths around this time.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't really expect to see any until we get closer to next weekend. That is when they will be busy getting the Moscone Convention Center Ready. Although we don't get to see much, Apple always has sheets over there stuff.

3. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

Many of us here are hanging out for the broadcast of the Keynote. I for one will be waking up at 3am (Sydney Australia Time) to watch, and make sure that I can stream over Wireless. Should be good. "Redmond start your photocopiers'!

4. Mertzen macrumors 6502

Mertzen

Still too early I thik .. maybe thursday or friday ..

5. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Is that the time it will be on? I may just have to wake up for work early on Monday. :p When you say that you have to make sure that you can stream over wireless, what do you mean. Do you have to be connected to the streaming server so you get a place?

aussie_geek

6. Daveway thread starter macrumors 68040

Daveway

7. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Surely someone here from SF can sneak over there and just look around...right? Come one guys. :D

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Trust me, you won't see anything more than banners shrouded in black cloth, and if you're able to sneak into the exhibits hall during the setup (I managed it one year), an Apple booth surrounded by curtains with one entrance guarded by a big burly guy who exudes "don't mess with me." Apple security won't even let you get near the entrance to the ballroom.

You'd have to be very stealthy (and presumably willing to risk arrest) to get a look at anything before Steve says "alakazam!"

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Anything is possible. Look at the guy that got into Prince Andrews Birthday party last year at the Royal Palace. The trick would be to also have a camera unless you are a 007 type. I am surprised that we haven't at least seen pictures at the Moscone Center. :D

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Like I said, it might be possible, if you're willing to get arrested in the attempt. Nobody's managed it yet though and I suspect it isn't for lack of trying. I'm surprised I got as far as I did a couple of years ago, but still I saw nothing.