MWSF coverage

Discussion in 'Community' started by pjkelnhofer, Dec 13, 2003.

1. pjkelnhofer macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

I am still rather new to MacRumors.com, but I was wondering... will there be some sort of live coverage for MWSF like the was for the Paris EXPO?
    Is that sort of thing standard for the site? Because I couldn't pry myself away from the computer during the Keynote speech.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Lets hope so, has Steve Jobs said yet if he is going to be there? if he dont show i wouldnt expect much but if he is going to be there then i would expect one more thing;)

3. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

In the recent past, keynotes were rarely viewable via live stream - too bad that they decided to broadcast them via satellite only. It may happen that the CONSUMER show MWSF has a live stream though.

I just hope it, really!!!

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The last time that there was a live stream of a keynote by Steve, I had problems. I had difficulty connecting and then staying connected. If I remember correctly, it was almost an hour after the beginning that I could connect.

Since this is going to be a great occasion with the 20th anniversry of the Mac, I probably will go to my local Apple Store.

5. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

20th Anniversary Mac = G5 iMac or Cube?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    (fingers crossed)

6. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Just to post my random prediction...
    I think the best case scenario would be that Steve says "we are going G5" and presents G5 XServes, G5 Powerbooks and low GHz G5 iMacs, leaving the G4 only in iBook and eMac. That product line would make sense, wouldn´t it? Who knows if IBM is once again ahead of schedule with their 90 nm 970s.
    R&D for G5 Pro Equipment is most possibly long done, all thats missing is the chip itself. Who knows :p

7. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

For Apple to announce a new product (ie. G5 PowerBooks), how far away would it have to be from actually shipping, a week, a month, a couple of months, or would it be ready that day?

8. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

As we have seen with the G5 Mac, Steve will announce new products on a special event. He won´t let have his thunder stolen. And since it is 20 years of Macintosh now, it would be time for a BOMB like my prediction.

And Steve wouldn´t shy away from that announcement if it meant that Powerbooks are sold in February or March. Just look at the ship dates of the original iMac.

9. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

MacRumors will have live coverage.

We've managed to do live coverage for every major event for a while now....

So, it's a "standard" thing for MacRumors.

As others have hinted... for major consumer shows, Apple has historically done live streams of the keynotes... so you may be able to watch it live yourself.

Either way, we'll have a live transcript going.

arn

10. pjkelnhofer thread starter macrumors 6502a

pjkelnhofer

11. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Thanks arn, I just hope that there is a stream!
    Anyone who had a stream once will agree that a transcript is not the "real deal" ;) and we Mac heads are looking for our dose of Steve, don´t we? :D

In the past, there was some nice guy in the iChat room "MacRumors" who was writing what he was watching on the screen. More direct than reloading MR, and still not as crowded as IRC.