MWSF - iPhone in Canada

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by Stella, Jan 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 603

Stella

Just a few minutes ago on BreakfastTV - Toronto, they said there were rumours going around that iPhone Canada will be announced today in SJ's keynote.

Not heard of this rumour before but this morning.

Thoughts?

2. macrumors newbie

Could make sense - and source of the rumour might have some credibility now that CityTV is owned by Rogers...

I'm still waiting for the CDMA version though!

Mike

3. macrumors 65816

scienide09

I'm still waiting until the ridiculous Canadian prices drop to come in line with airtime and data packages offered elsewhere.

4. macrumors 6502

Ditto:)

5. thread starter macrumors 603

Stella

Think you may be waiting a while for CDMA version.

Over the weekend I was reading an article ( Globe and mail IRC ) that Telus are seriously considering starting a GSM network.

6. macrumors newbie

I did see rumors that Apple were talking to folks in Japan though... and Japan is all CDMA.
    Still hoping...

7. macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I doubt that a Canadian iPhone is big enough news to make the Keynote, but it could happen quietly today or some time later this month, if Apple has persuaded Rogers to compromise on data plan rates.

8. macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I am just about to buy a Blackberry. I guess I will wait a bit to see if the iPhone comes out in Canada.

I have noticed that none of the Blackberry devices that have wifi are offered in Canada. I'm not sure why that is?? I can only guess that Rogers doesn't like the idea of its customers being able to download email and surf the web without being charged (lol).

Cheers,
    :apple::)