MX510 and gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by Muskie, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I finally got the 510, only to use my friend's 1000 a day later. Wow what a mouse that is, feeling a bit obsolete now... But anyway, I have installed the LogitechControlCenter, and set up my 510 the way I like it. The only problem occurs when I try to game. I set the thumb buttons to be apple-click to go between tabs in Adium and go back and forward in Safari windows. When I try to set up one of these buttons to, say, change weapons or sprint in CoD:UO it just changes to "command" Do I have to game with the driver turned off or reconfigure it? or is there away around this?

Thanks

2. a2daj macrumors member

If at all possible, remove LCC and give USB Overdrive a try. It's shareware, but it's fully functional for you to try. The big feature is that you can create custom application profiles each with their own set of button controls and mouse movement settings. Unfortunately, some apps aren't properly configured so USB OD may not function properly with them, but the necessary mods to the apps are simple enough.

For most games that have good mouse support, I configure my mouse buttons to act as mouse buttons. For those games with poor mouse support, I configure certain buttons to key strokes.

3. Muskie thread starter macrumors 6502

Muskie

I did a search here earler, and saw that same usb overdrive link, but it didnt work. I figured it was because the post was over a year old, but now im beginning to think its just the ****** school network. Thanks though, I'll try it again, and give it a shot if it works.