Mx510 vs Apple bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Games' started by wrxguy, Jul 9, 2005.

1. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

Do you think that the Apple Bluetooth mouse is comparable to the Mx510 as far as a gaming mouse? what about jsut as an everyday use mouse? Im thinkin about purchasing a bluetooth mouse but im not sure yet....

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

3. RooX macrumors newbie

please tell me why on earth you would think these would even be close to comparable??? one button bluetooth vs 8 button corded? with and without scroll wheel... ultra high resolution vs.. well whatever the macmouse is (im sure its not that bad)

you get the point.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i have both for my powerbook. I use the apple one for web surfing and stuff like that, but gaming and photoshop/final cut i use the MX510

5. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

The MX510 (and the newer MX518) are pretty much made for gaming. There's no comparison.

6. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

Well then... can anyone recommend a bluetooth wireless 2 button mouse that would work fine with my powerbook. Something that doesn't require a base to work.

7. noelister macrumors 6502

I have a BT500 mouse from radtech. I like to how portable it is. Also this mouse is very good on batteries. I thought I would dislike the size at first but after a little use all was good.
    here is the site http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT500.aspx

this was also the only mouse that I wouls be able to carry in my laptop case.

8. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

by definition, wireless mice are inferior to wired mice for gaming. Especially bluetooth mice, which have low bandwidth as it is and if you have another bluetooth device running, your accuracy is screwed.

9. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I currently have a MX510 on order which is conintually getting delayed, over a month now.

I may cancel it in favour of this newer MX518, but on logitechs website it only says Windows XP compatible...?!

Also do these 'high performance' mice need a USB 2.0 (high powered) port, or can they just be plugged in to the back of the Mac keyboard (USB 1.1, low powered port)?

Thanks

10. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

They should work fine with a 1.1 port :D

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

MX510 hands down. It's the only mouse I use and I love it. No complaints whatsoever, and you can't even really compare that to the Apple bluetooth mouse.

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

The apple bluetooth mouse works pretty good but the mx510 is way better. The apple wired mouse is really bad or it is possible that mine is broken because sometimes it (the pointer) jumps around the screen.

13. pubwvj macrumors 68000

pubwvj

We just got the Apple bluetooth mouse and like it. Great for general use and fine for gaming. We also have an AirStick - old but gold.

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Do you happen to be using it on a reflective/shiny surface? If so, there's your problem. ;) :cool:

15. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Yeah, wireless mouse + gaming = suicide.

I did that for a few years, and I ended up coming back to USB...good 'ole USB...

Hell, I might even go back to the mouseball!

I never used a BT mouse for gaming - but I can tell you that RF lagged badly. I lost many lives in Wolfenstein thanks to RF mice...