MX900 dead, looking for a new mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mainstreetmark, Jun 26, 2005.

1. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Hello fans -

My primary button on my Logitech MX900 Bluetooth has quit working. Apparently, the contact inside the button is worn out, since I can short the leads and make a "click" happen. So, I've declared that I get to take a trip to Best Buy or something.

So, what's a good bluetooth mouse? I'd be just fine with another MX900, but when I bought this one, it came with a keyboard and other crap I didn't need. What are you guys using?

2. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

I just bought a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth (yeah, the new one, which has a warning on the package saying it will only work with Windows XP) and it works great with my Powerbook G4 (though the scroll wheel is a bit jumpy, i.e. the scrollbar doesn't really scroll smooth when you're using it). It has 5 buttons, and you can use them e.g. for Expose. I have it since about a month and haven't changed the battery, yet. The mouse pointer isn't jumpy either, as with the MacMice Mouse I had before.

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I am using the Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse, 100% worth it (although not bluetooth, its wireless RF)

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I just bought the Logitech MX1000 today and highly recommend it. It doesn't suffer from the lag that I've experienced with other bluetooth mouses (or is it mice?), rechargeable (a huge plus, those suckers can go through some batteries!) and, base station aside, is wireless. The build quality is superb and it feels great in your hand.

Had to adjust the settings to slow the speed down and still getting used to all the buttons (eight to be precise) but after using the Apple bluetooth mouse it's like upgrading to a whole new computer.

Cons: Price and that's about it.