MXO Sold To SOE

Discussion in 'Games' started by Macamus Prime, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Macamus Prime macrumors regular

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/17/news_6127635.html

I beta tested this. I had HIGH hopes for this game. I was kind of hoping it would get better as time passed, but no such luck it seems. I just hope Sony improves it some how.

Anyone think it will get better, now that it is in Sony's hands?

2. smurphur macrumors member

I don't know... Sony was handed Starwars on a silver platter and somehow managed to mess that game up. Luckily they have added ships and such in the recent expansion, but damn that should have been with the original! It is Star Wars!!! So, as for fixing Matrix Online.... hmmm I will say maybe :p They could do some expansion (but that would take time) to add some cool content and such... I guess it just depends on how fast they can get that content out to players. Of course the Matrix Online will have a devoted fan base that will keep paying, but they need the gamers in there too.

3. Macamus Prime thread starter macrumors regular

This is from the same article. If this is the true, I feel sorry for the current players. Imagine shelling out $50 for a game, paying a monthly fee and facing the possibility that you may have to deal with certain bugs or exploits until SOE officially takes over and administers support.

Also, whats to say that SOE won't drop MXO completeley??

From: http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.c...ionAnnouncement&frompromo=061705_acquisition1
    I suspect that with this new pricing, (which is optional, from what I understand) SOE may say, well, we dropped MXO, but you still have all these other games you can choose from!

Maybe I am looking into this too much? I honestly hope everything works out, because I wanted to jump into MXO.

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

it will get worse now that it is in Sony's hands

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

What's this about layoffs at Monolith? What'll happen to it's future games, particularly F.E.A.R.?