Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

|_wise_|

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
sydney, australia
I've been floating around here for a little while now, actually from *just* before apple released the new 'books. Ordered my 12" ibook/60gb/aex 2 days ago and as of today it says it has shipped! (i also have ordered 512mb of 3rd party ram).

I haven't been this excited about a computer for a very long time and up until 1 month ago have been a *very* avid pc user. I used os x on my girlfriends 15" powerbook (rev b) amonth ago and fell in love with it, *then* i realised it was built on unix and was hooked (i know i have been living under a rock, but seriously i just ignored apple news).

the only issue is that i work in support for a very PC centric company, our software runs on pc 99% of the time and i need to be able to support out of the office (i am also studying full time this year). Fortunatly Remote Desktop Conneciton for mac has offered the perfect solution. So now i can work in a mac environment most of the time and connect via RDC when i need to use a pc environment.

only problem now is waiting....on my apple order page it says:

Carrier: STE

now i have seen heaps of ppl in the US updating the location of their 'book several times a day. I *think* that i cannot do this in Australia? can someone confirm (or hopefully dispute) this. Or does anyone know who STE is??

thanks in advance,

oingoboingo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
Sydney, Australia
|_wise_| said:
Carrier: STE

now i have seen heaps of ppl in the US updating the location of their 'book several times a day. I *think* that i cannot do this in Australia? can someone confirm (or hopefully dispute) this. Or does anyone know who STE is??

thanks in advance,

STE = Star Track Express

Give Apple a call tomorrow and see if you are able to use your order number (or some other number that Apple has) to track your STE parcel. Then check the STE web site or call them and see if you can track your parcel.

Nybombers142

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2004
why do you keep doing *this*?

and congrast on a fine purchase. I think everyone switches after actully using an apple.

|_wise_|

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
sydney, australia
ibook has arrived

I ordered it 4/5...eta 10 days... 3days later and it is delivered at 10:20am :D

only prob is i'm at work now...but very impressed by the delivery times!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.