my 12" gave me heart failure today

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stubeeef, Aug 20, 2004.

1. macrumors 68030

Aug 10, 2004
    On start up this morning, I had NO display, nada, nothering. Held the powerkey down twice, on the second restart I got it. Got it first time this time (I'm a pilot on the road). How wrong/normal is this? could not find a similar thread.

Thanks in advance.

12" PB 1.33ghz 768 ram 10.3.5
  2. Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    for specific technical problems, i look to

it's a site by techies for techies and where tips and secrets are shared...i hope this helps
  3. macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Too bad you have to pay to see the answer to the problems... :(
    Edit: stupid me, you had to scroll down to see the replies...

stubeeef, is your PowerBook still under warrantee? Try giving Apple a call.
  4. macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    Tnx jefhatfield for that gr8 link!

I bet I'll use it in the future. :)
  5. Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    your welcome

i either got it through the microsoft developers group or through the microsoft NT engineers association, but experts-exchange is the biggest techie and engineer link in cyberspace concerning computers, software, pc, mac, and linux

you can join for free and ask quite a few questions for free, and if need be, you can buy more questions but i have never had to do that and every ten days, just by being a free member, you can ask a free question

there are so many members on that site that virtually anything you ask will be answered for free...there are plenty of phd's and msee's on that site so i can imagine that there's little that goes by that is unanswered