My 12 in. powerbook isn't flat!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Salo, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Salo macrumors newbie

I just bought a brand spanking new 12 in powerbook, and it doesn't sit completely flat on my desk. All four of its feet don't rest on the desk, and its not the desk that isn't flat.
    It rests on the battery foot and the back left foot, and can wobble between the other two. If i place a penny under the front left foot, it sits stably.
    I'm wondering if this entirely normal, and just an issue with the battery being slightly thinker.
    its the only issue i've had so far, but it worries me. perhaps it is imperfect.
    Its replacing my iMac 350 which is getting tired. The usb plugs are worn out and my filesharing software is malfuntioning and i don't know how i'm going to transfer my 3.5 gb of music onto my new maching (yes, that more than half the HD)
    advice?

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I had the same problem with my 12'' PB, and so have several other members. It is an imperfection of some sorts, It is rather odd that it would happen to as many people as it has. I sent mine in to Apple to have them fix it. The invoice they sent back said they had bent the bottom panel back into place. It only took them 48 hours to do the whole things, which I thought was impressive. I know you just got it, but you might want to take care of this problem before you transfer all your data over. Just in case.

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

you might try on a known flat surface. i thought my pb was bent, but it was the fact that my desk was warped. after i placed it on a different desk it was all better.

4. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

join the club. . . i set my PB on top of carabiners to allow for extra air flow and cooling. at the same time it becomes level. otherwise i just live with it, cause the PB kicks over any other laptop!