Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Belgium
Hello I just got my new 20" Cinema Display! It looks great... from the outside because I cant get anything on it.
On startup of OSX.2 I see the gray Apple logo on it but then the screen goes to black!
How can I resolve it???

Oh... I only have an ATI Rage 128 Pro with 16MB...

Is there something in the system that's not working fine? I could of course change the resolution, but if I dont see anything on the screen it's a very hard job! :D Anyone nows a way to do it without seeing?

Thanx

thebt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Belgium
OK I know that my video card is not good (enough) for the Cinema Display, and I'm going to order the Radeon 9000.

But I just wondered why the screen won't work because it's working fine on startup!?

I think it could work if I would lower the resolution settings, but how can I do this on a screen that's not working!? :)

unc32

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
maybe use your old monitor and change the settings then restart with the new one.

thebt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2002
Belgium
I tried changing the resolution with my old monitor but it doesn't work... :(

Isn't there a program or a setting somewhere in the system (a text file??) that has the current resolution in it?
So then I could change that and maybe that would work?

And yeah... otherwise I would have to wait for a few weeks before I could use this beautiful screen. :(
At least it looks nice on my desk :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.