1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

My 21" Apple Studio Display just died!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, so it was a nice big monitor, so what if it cost a ton and weighs just as much. I need to get a new one fast. The only thing is I don't want to spend a ton since I'll be getting a new machine with dual ADC monitors later next year. The 21" that died is on a 450 MHz G4 that will be used a lot until I buy a new machine and then, who knows, maybe a mp3 server. So I'll need a halfway decent screen - should I get another CRT or go flatscreen?

And then what to do with the 75 pound dead weight.....

D :(

2. macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hey

I will pay shippin if you want to send it to me. I dont want to make it work, i would just hang it up or something.

Oh, save your $ and get a CRT, then get phatty monitors next year/

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Hey

Yeah, I'm thinking of selling the case on ebay, might make a few bucks. If not, I'll look you up. I'm thinking a 19" CRT will be fine - now, which one?

D

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe...

Cool, well I would be interested in it...

But I have a ViewSonic A70f (Flat Screen) monitor. It has awesome colors, but its a little small. If I were you, I would pick up the A90f for around 220 dollars, its a 19inch. My brother has it, and it is friggin nice.

6. macrumors 65816

benixau

CRT until next year

OR, get a sony monitor and keep it as a dedicated something machine. maybe use it a second computer. i have seen people convert cubes into pcs. not with wires haning out either. just requires modding. otherwise, get a cheap, real cheap 15" and wait til next year when you get ur bigger better machine. oh and stay CRT to cave money.