My 500th Post

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mudbug, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I've been looking forward to having made my initial 500 posts, and finally receive the honor of having an avatar. I spent a little time this morning looking for the right thread to post this in, and couldn't make up my mind - the Powerbook updates? nahh - they've been around a while. The G5's? nahh - we already know about them. Some other story just being posted to the boards? nahh - then I'd feel like I was cheating.

So instead, I've decided to make my own thread to commemorate it. :D

<breaks arm patting self on back>

2. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I'm sure your fellow Mods will forgive your 500th post being a new thread, since you have had 499 non spam ones before. ;) Congrats! I was beginning to wonder if you ever were going to make it... :p

Cool Avatar BTW. :) Don't forget to edit your sig!

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Congrats! I was beginning to wonder, myself, considering you were a moderator and editor but still couldn't have an avatar. It looks good on you!

4. vniow macrumors G4

5. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

hey vniow good to hear from you! I was thinking something was missing from MR... :)

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations Mudbug on your 500th post. Nice Avatar. Are you by any chance a fisherman! It looks like a combination between a fish and lobster. Red indicates a cooked lobster, nice color and delicious!

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I've never even seen you before. :p

Anyway, congratulations. I remember getting my 500th post. I already had my Pillsbury Dough Boy avatar ready for action. :cool:

8. Mudbug thread starter Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

9. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha...we'll go lightly on u for this one...threads for 500th posts have been looked down upon in the past after an influx of them... ;)

but congrats...glad to see u chose the proper avatar out of the 2 u showed me... :eek: :D

10. Mudbug thread starter Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

well, like I told you, after you pointed out what you saw in the other, I can't look at it the same again ;). This may change, but it will do for now... :)

11. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Re: My 500th Post

Congratulations but most regular members will not appreciate the hypocrisy.

12. vniow macrumors G4

Been a bit busy...[​IMG]

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

He is after all an "Editor" eyelikeart, he is special!

Mudbug, I hope that you will explain the significance of your Avatar!

vinow, I hope that you are busy in a positve way. Hope that you will be able to share at some point. I care! ;)

14. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I do believe that it is a Mudbug.... i.e. Crawfish.... :) They are pretty much brown before you cook them, and then they turn Red once boiled... (like a Lobster.)

15. Mudbug thread starter Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Well, Stelliform wins the prize! He's right - it's a crawfish (crayfish to you people in the other parts of the world). Although I didn't know the stuff about the history of them - just that I know they taste REALLY good... the spicier, the better.

16. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

And to yet others, they are know as "crawdads". ;) I remember fondly hunting crawdads when I was a kid.... :)

Regards,
    Gus

17. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: Re: My 500th Post

speaking as a regular member, i appreciate it much more than comments like this one and the others you have made about mudbug... can you lay off, man? i mean, no need to piss on the parade, to ruin it for all concerned in a drunken punch-up at a wedding... uhhh, i mean... or something. ;)

mudbug, congrats, i have been wondering when i would see you make it. i just hit 4200, myself :p i like the 'tar, especially with the transparency.

18. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Incidentally, I hit 500 today without realizing it...it was nice to see I can make myself an avatar, although that was no easy undertaking, since once I put it up, I ended up not liking it, then replacing it probably 20 times...I'm not too up to speed on graphic work on the computer, so I can't do any fancy animations, so I just went through a bunch of random wallpapers and pics I had and started shrinking them in PhotoDeluxe until I found one that looked decent when shrunken down to 50x50. So that's my story and congrats again on your 500, it was a bit odd, I'm sure, first being a demi-god, then being an editor, but still not being able to have an avatar, but now it's all complete!

19. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Congratulations and by the way, who the hell are you!?;) I don't remember seeing you at all until this last week and all of a sudden you were everywhere. I think you got you last 200 posts in the last 3 days. Well in any case it's good you have a tar since you are an editor. Whatever that is. I know this has been pointed out already but it's really inappropriate to create a thread just because you achieve your tar. It would be more appropriate though in the private forums.

Oh? and since were already on the topic of posts I'll start the celebration early. I'll bet at my 5,000th post next week more then likely.:eek:

20. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

/begin really old anecdote

As a science-related experiment in 2nd grade the entire class got to keep a crawfish or crawdad (arent they the same thing?) as like a pseudo-pet. It was great, my brothers was in the same tank as mine, and lets just say the rules of the jungles applied: eat or be eaten. My mom has never let me forget that 'david' ate my brother's crawfish.

/end anecdote

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I like the 'tar - nice job on that one mudbug.

Any chance of making a homemade one?

D

22. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

That's funny as I had a Crayfish as a pet too. I caught him in river near where I lived and we had him in an aquarium for almost 7 years. In that time he died 3 times (due to dirty water) and by running him back and forth through the water stimulating and running water over his gills on the bottom of his tail we were able to revive him each time. Really an amazing creature.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Does the crawfish have the taste and consistency of a lobster? My only disagreement would be with spicey, prefer mine mild. Is it cooked like a lobster? I like it dipped in butter!

24. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

No, no, no. Crawfish are MUCH better when eaten spicey, like down in New Orleans (that's N'awlins to you southerns). Get abbout 2 pounds of them to start and separate the tail from the head. Eat the meat out of the tail and suck the spices out of the head. Mmmm.... good eatin'! :)

Regards,
    Gus

25. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Suck the head and pinch the tail baby! Crawfish are yummy specially in the traditional N'awlins boil. Zatarains i think its called. I just had a crawfish boil dinner about a month ago at our local cajun restaurant. It was a huge pile of crawfish, mussels, clams, anduille sausage, corn on the cob, and a bib and bucket to eat it with! Yum.