Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bow Commander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Well I was going to just deal with the white noise coming through on video recording a bit longer until they had a fix, but last night I was just scrolling through screens and the display went dark. I could still hear the processor working, and could still feel the haptic feedback on the home button, but no display at all. I tried hard reset, plugging it, etc. Looked at "find my iphone" from my ipad and it said the iphone was off.

Chatted with Apple for awhile, they are now sending me a shipping box to return the phone. Fortunately their customer service has always been top notch for me when I've had issues. It happens, still frustrating though. Should have held on to my 6 awhile longer as a back up lol.

Last edited:

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
It's unfortunate but happens sometimes that you will have a defective unit, luckily Apple is pretty good about replacing them fairly quick.

Why not just go to the Apple Store and get it exchanged on the spot? Is it too far of a drive from your area?

Bow Commander

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
It's unfortunate but happens sometimes that you will have a defective unit, luckily Apple is pretty good about replacing them fairly quick.

Why not just go to the Apple Store and get it exchanged on the spot? Is it too far of a drive from your area?
Yea they were great when I had to send my first 6 back in. The nearest Apple store is far away. I have a "Simply Mac" store nearby though. It says it's an Apple Premier Partner. I wonder if they're an authorized repair location. Hmmm I'll make the call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.