My 76 year old grandpa bought an iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by maccam, Mar 19, 2007.

1. maccam macrumors 6502a

maccam

Thats right, a iPod shuffle for both him and my grandma (his wife) he also has an iMac g5 1.9 GHZ :eek: :eek: :) P.S i'm converting my dad's side of the family to mac :)

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Keep up the good work :apple:

FJ

3. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

My grandmother is 83 and I am about to upgrade her to my old tibook. She was the one who bought us our first mac to begin with. She lived with us when I was growing up and bought a quadra 650. Eventually she got the processor upgrade too. Old people love macs!

I seriously dont understand the ipod though. Most people that age still use vinyl. Can you get glen miller in itunes yet?

4. maccam thread starter macrumors 6502a

maccam

That is neat!!!

5. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

Thats wicked! On a similar topic my grandpa bought a HDTV before us!

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

My grandpa is 84 and he has a Dual 2.3Ghz G5 and firewire digital interface from Miglia that he uses for iMovie work mostly. Are you saying old people can't have cool computers? :p

7. maccam thread starter macrumors 6502a

maccam

LOL...sweet... :eek: :eek: I love that !

8. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

That is amazing, I'm the oldest in my family with a mac, and I'm only 16.

9. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

There still is a great following from the older folks. Up until the Mac, computers were something really foreign. The invention of the GUI gave the older people something they could really grasp and learn. I had fun having my grandmother play with the computer with me.

Also, when the government started issuing computers to employees, the mac was an instant favorite. Dos looked really icky, and windows was still crap. It is a shame that with the insertion of the isight we lost the last of the government workers. Some of her friends that are still working are actually buying them with their own money and having apple remove it. But that is another thread.......

10. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

Maybe they use their shuffles for listening to spoken word (audiobooks + podcasts)?
    I am myself some 45 years away from 76, but I (already?) can not stand music for more than an hour a day. Still, I have my iPod in my ears pretty much through the day while I am in the lab, most of the time with books + podcasts.

11. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

My 83 year old grandmother has just bought herself a 42" Plasma, a DVD player (which she calls a DCD player) and an iPod and she loves these new technologies. But she doen't have a mobile phone she can't seem to get the "concept" of it.

12. Jopling macrumors 6502

My 80 year old uncle got a 30-something inch plasma right when they first came out. Now he has a 24inch imac and an iPod. He likes to dock his ipod to a set of external speakers and he uses a radio transmitter in the car.

13. maccam thread starter macrumors 6502a

maccam

14. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

yeah they are great

15. true.intentions macrumors newbie

true.intentions

haha.

Honestly, that's nothing...

MY 77 year old grandpa currently has, 2 iPod speakers, 2 iPods (one 1st gen, 1 mini), 2 LCD pc's with Vista, a 20" iMac & a 30" Plasma. All three OP's have laser printers. He also has at least 20 other miscanlious iPod accessories.

I have no clue why.
    I don't even have that much!

16. California macrumors 68040

California

76 year old mother has a shuffle and a 20" iMac G5. She gave away her powerbook 12" to anothe relative who had hers stolen. Previously, she had a G3 iMac that now is used by my sister. iPods for oldsters: books on tape...

17. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

My grandmother (late 80s) took a course in Excel a couple of years ago and now knows FAR more than me about spreadsheets!

Particularly embarrassing as I can dismantle and rebuild a PC while blindfolded :)

18. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

19. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nice, I just got two refurb 512mb shuffles for my girlfriends grandparents.

They love them!

Her grandmom thinks she is soooo COOL when she pulls out her little shuffle...she is!