my (almost) first iBook tragedy!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iSaint, Jul 18, 2005.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It finally happened...spilled a little water on the iBook keyboard. At least it wasn't coke or something with all sugar in it. I turned it sideways to let the water get out, then shut down immediately and took the battery out. Fortunately I had just bought a can of air and there was little water underneath the keyboard. So here I am back alive with no issues.

must-be-more-careful-with-my-iBook/baby/livelihood

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

3. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah I really should invest in one. What's the feel for typing? I've never used a cover of any sort for fear they're clumsy, thick plastic things that don't stay on your computer.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Never tried one. :eek: I hear good things about them though!

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Ooooooohhh, I have an iSkin. IT'S AWESOME!!!!

When you go to the Apple store, ask if they have an open one. You can snag it for $10 instead of $20.
    ROCK!!!

I have currently misplaced my iSkin. :( :( :(

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Really, no way? $10 for an open one. Won't I sound stupid asking that? "Uh, katie ta achoo said to ask if there's any open ones for $10 please."

I'm scared. Are they normally $20? I didn't even know they sold them. YAY! I'm going to get one!

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Wow, that was a close one. I bet your heart skipped a beat when you spilled water on your beloved iBook (I might have went into cardiac arrest ;) ).

8. DDarling macrumors newbie

Yep, iSkin's are amazing. I leave mine all the time so that I don't get any dust in my keyboard.(Oh boogie boo) I absolutely adore my iBook and if something were to happen to it, like a piece of dust getting in the key board(*gasp, faints*) would be horrible, and would probably give me seisures. So, go buy a iSkin, they are great for typing on, as I currently am.

DDarling

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Hmmm... seems you have some hesitation when asking for open items, ey?

HAAHH! I lost that a LONG TIME AGO!

I go, and if I'm buying ANYTHING, I ask if they have an open one. If it saves me $10, it's allllll good!

that being said:
    I got my iPod shuffle for $80, my iSkin for $10 (instead of $20) and I'm pretty sure some more stuff. (***EDIT*** $99 Kensington Power adapter for $45. Take that, full price!!***/EDIT***)

I never ask for it in proper english either. I always ask "do you have an open ___ so I can get it on the cheaps?" You can also replace "on the cheaps" with "nearly free" "absolutely free" "gratis" "Fo' cheap, yo*"

:D :D
    Think about it-- if you get an OPEN iSkin for $10, you have another $10 for.. a cup of coffee or something, I dunno. Starbucks is expensive.

*I only said this ONCE. I felt REALLY stupid afterwards. :p

10. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

ah, I hate my iskin, dust and stuff sticks to it and it slows down my typing. My friend had one and a grain of sand stuck to it and he closed his PB, and it scratched up his screen.

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Wanna sell it to me? :D

12. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I wash my weekly. I like the fact dust sticks to it. Better the iSkin than the powerbook itself. And sand? Why have sand near a pb?

13. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Surfin' in the sand box. :cool:

14. wide macrumors 6502a

dont get an iskin open box, the reason it's 50% cheaper is because peopel from the street, with dirty, filthy, germy hands havebeen using them for a few weeks or even months. it's like asking for an open box of soap.

15. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

You can just wash it...

16. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Oh they're brillaint. Once you get used to them they feel good, and if you try and type when you after you've taken it off it feels wierd. I would invest in one - it will save any repair costs.

::20ROGERSC::

17. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

They're so easy to wash!!
    It's all flexible, like a piece of fabric! a drop of dishwashing soap, some hot water, and BAM! all done!!

I loves me some iSkin!

I need to find mine. :( :(

18. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I bought one before! A clear one. Hopefully my iBook will come soon!