My Animation

Discussion in 'Community' started by teabgs, Jun 23, 2005.

1. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Hello everyone. My film Illume is in the June-July round at animationblock.com You can watch the film there if you have not seen it yet, and then hopefully you will vote for me.

Every month, ABP posts three new cartoon shorts for you to vote on. The fan favorite of each month will receive excellent animation block prizes.

Besides it being cool to win it's even cooler to win some free software. All you have to do is send an email to info@animationblock.com and put illume as your subject. You don't even have to write anything besides that. It will only take 30 seconds (6 minute to watch my film), so PLEASE give me a vote. I appreciate it!

I hope you like it!

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Very interesting - how long does it take to pull together a 6-minute short like that? I'd have to imagine it's quite time-consuming.

3. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

When you have little money and need to do most of it by yourself it takes a VERY long time.

I started pre-production in July 2003 and had the film completed in January 2005. But as you can see it's still very much with me, because now I'm having to send it out to festivals, etc. I'll probably stop sending it out in about a year. In fact, theres at least one submission that I need to get out today.

I kept an online log of the production here if you're interested.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

Cool web site - it's interesting to see the progression you went through in developing the film. The figures themselves are quite cool in the way that they were fabricated.

Impressive how you did all the scene work and character building yourself (under less than ideal conditions, it seems). Congratulations - hope you do well in the contest (I voted for you!).

5. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i voted for you last week. good luck.

what festivals are you submitting to? planning on grabbing up that student academy award? ;)

6. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Wow!

I'm really glad you posted that link. I watched all 3 videos and they were all superb. Although its clichéd to say, I really think all 3 should win a prize :)

7. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I just voted for you. You are very talented, I hope you win!

8. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Thanks everyone!

emw: yes, less than ideal indeed. BUT I learned a lot more by having those conditions and since then have had a chance to do some things in the best possible way, so it evens out.

jlo: I have/will submit to as many fests as I can afford. Student Academy? Heh... didn't even make the regional finals. I am in a big one in Brazil in July. I still need to get a plane ticket, but I'm going to that one! I'm waiting to hear from 23 right now (responses coming in July-Oct). Then I have more submissions to get out in a month or so, and keep going until I'm broke (which may not be too long). I have about a 57% acceptance rate so far, that can't stay that way though, it's too high. They're all listed on the webpage as they come in.

pulsewidth947: They get 1st 2nd and 3rd :p But yeah, the other ones are also good, but I cannot advise voting for them ;)

njmac: Thanks!

9. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make sure this doesnt get buried. The competition is finished in less than 2 weeks now, so I wanted to bring it to peoples' attention again.

If you like it best (or not) PLEASE give me a vote. I was in the lead on June 24th, but at this point I'm not sure.

Thanks so much!

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I liked it teabgs. Don't remember if I send a message last time or not. So I just finished my vote. Good luck. Will be anxious to hear. When will you know the results?

11. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

The contest is over on July 15th so hopefully the winner will be announced the same day. I might not know the results right away as I'll be in Brazil at a big international animation festival. I'm not sure how much (if any) net access I will have there.

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Dude, that was really well done. You should be very proud of what you have created. Got my vote, and I hope you win big.

13. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

That was an absolutely fantastic movie. Great job man, you got my vote... :)

14. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Thanks guys!

New polls from the 4th show me leading with 49% of the vote, followed by the second place at 40%. I am still leading, but the gap has narrowed a bit. If you haven't voted, and would like to, please do so. If you have and liked my film, Tell your friends! Pass the word around, share the love!

Thank you!

15. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Ok everyone, I'm off to Brazil in a few short hours. I just wanted to post one last reminder to check out my film, and if you like it, PLEASE give me a vote. You can vote until this friday, at which point someone will win (hopefully me).

Thanks so much!

16. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish you a great time in Brazil teabgs. Then an even greater time on your return. ;)

17. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Agreed. All three of them were very cool. :D But anyway, One additional vote for Illume.

18. teabgs thread starter macrumors 68030

teabgs

Back from Brazil where I had a wonderful time until I (and some others) caught the flu. (Flu in Brazil? what?! :confused: )

Anyway, I'm on the way to recovery, glad to be home, and happy to report I did in fact win. I need to go pickup the booty sometime soon, then I can post a picture. :)

Thank you all again!

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about your illness teabgs. Of course it's the winter season in South America, that means flu season also. Your illness is the primary reason for getting vaccinated. I would imagine that they have the same strains the we had last winter. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Just make sure to drink plenty of fluids and rest. Some Tylenol if you are having a fever.

Congratulations on your win. Will look forward to seeing pictures.
    ;)