My apologies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Mar 16, 2007.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've been getting the feeling that I've been a little too surly, aggressive and not as rational or clear in here lately. So- I'd just like to apologize to everyone here if I'm making that impression. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff lately with my job, plus a few other things and I'm not the type of person who holds much back (as many of you know ;)). That can be a good thing or a bad thing, in this case maybe not so good. So, kindly accept my apology. Thanks.

Lee

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

F*** off.

:D

I'm not sure what you're apologizing for. Did I miss something fun?? :p

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, I have been more than a little nasty to obeygiant and swarmlord for sure. And I pressed IJ a little more than I probably should have today. I don't know, it's just a general feeling I've been getting from myself I guess.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I dunno, you've just been you usual ornery self as far as I was concerned. I'm sure swarm and obg can handle it: they're not exactly averse to a bit of confrontation, from what I've seen... :rolleyes:

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh OK- good. F*** you all then! :D But seriously, yeah I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a huge a**hole, ya know? That's all. ;)

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[Bill Cosby] So this guy wants me to try some drugs. I asked him why. He says, "It intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an a**hole?" [/Bill Cosby]

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! Funny- somebody had me try a substance once, he said it would probably just make me a bigger a**hole, even though it was supposed to make me nicer. It did make me a bigger a**hole. :)

8. Desertrat macrumors newbie

:) Don't worry about it. In a world where the inmates have taken over all the asylums, it's easy to suffer from attacks of the grumpies.

:D, 'Rat

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Well it's about time! ;)

Seriously, not to worry -- but it was very gracious and considerate of you to think of it.

10. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Hi lee.

You haven't seemed off the rocker ornery to me lately. But I know this particular subforum tends to bring out parts of me I don't like, so maybe, if you feel that way, it's time for a PRSI break?

Deal with all the other stuff. If you do need a break, we'll keep up the bickering 'till you're feeling better.

:)

11. aquajet macrumors 68020

Meh. Nothing wrong with being a little bitchy every now and again.

But anyway...I'll throw a "F*** You, all of you!" in there for good measure. :)

12. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Ditto

Anyone mind if I jump on the band wagon and Mia Culpa?

I've had a very nasty year so far. I haven't known from one day to the next if I'll still be married by my next anniversary since roughly my last one, nine months ago. This has only intensified since February as I'm now:( seperated.

If I go a little wacky here and there over the next few months don't take it personally, my reality is just imploding a bit.

If you're feeling compassionate and I'm posting incoherently please PM me as I'm likely feeling too panicked to initiate a conversation with anyone, I could use the occasional whack on the head. All help appreciated. Thx.

Whatever you're going through Lee, I feel you.

I've seen Cancer, suicide, felony assault, date rape and all manner of other hell in my friends and family. I've seen stillbirths, death by forest fire,and a few minds lost and found along the way, including mine. My wife and I have fostered literally thousands of Kittens and humainly euthanized perhaps hundreds of sick, dying or deranged animals together. You might say we got jaded.

If you need an ear let me know. **** happens. The challenge is asking for help when you feel alone.

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a weird career thing at the moment. My current job sucks in the ad biz.

Also, I've been kind of toying with the idea of getting into IT, networking or some form of tech support. There's nothing more I love than tearing apart my Macs and upgrading them. Yeah, I'm the guy whose friends call constantly for computer help. :) The IT guys at work won't even come to my desk. They just give me a disc and say- here, you know what to do. BUT- I turn 40 in two weeks and I'm wondering if it's worth getting the additional education to do this professionally and start at the bottom again. And no- I'm happy as hell to be turning 40. I look and feel great, so it's no big deal, but I am at this weird point. Who knows? Maybe it's midlife.

14. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I've never really given it much thought before, but is that your real name? If so, and if your employer were to read this forum and hear of your disheartened feelings toward them, they might be slightly disenchanted. :D

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

They already know. I'm not one to keep my mouth shut if you haven't noticed. :) Trust me, I've said much worse to my boss. It's not his fault. We got bought by another company last year and they really screwed us up structurally. It's not anything that anyone there doesn't bitch loudly about daily and we've been losing staff like mad. But actually, now that you mention it, I'll edit that last post. :)

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Jesus, mischief, that's more misery than one should have to go through in a decade, much less a year. :(

If it's any consolation to you, you sound considerably more together and level-headed than anyone has a right to be after such a depressing and stressful annum.

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just go downtown and beat up a mime to burn off some lingering hostility.

I know you will feel better and so will everyone else within sight of the mime. ;)

18. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Perhaps I should have been more specific: Attempted Suicide, Mental breakdowns, felony assault, two critical illnesses in the last three years.

Most of the rest in the last ten.

This last year has been my marriage falling appart. Would just be painful instead of catastrophic if there wasn't a beautiful kiddo involved who doesn't need any of this. The upside is that the kiddo adds an impetus to reconcile that may not have been present otherwise.

What I was getting at is that at this point very little will phase me if anyone needs to talk. Bartending for a year just added polish.

Had all of that happened in one year there would have been some kind of truly phenominal meltdown on my part.;)

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'm sorry to hear about your situations guys.

Lee, it is never too late to make a switch in career. Do what makes you happy. Although I wonder if it's your profession or your particular work situation that is the source of your frustration. You've always seemed to enjoy the graphics thing.

20. aquajet macrumors 68020

To be serious for a moment, and frank...my partner and I have had some issues lately and it's caused a great deal of anxiety for several months now. I can relate to your crisis mischief. I wish all the best to you, and keep posting when you feel up to it! I enjoy your input and perspective. :)

21. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Nasty to obeygiant and swarmlord? Can I buy you a drink? Swarmlord especially has the most annoying posts (one of those narrow minded breeds) .. oh I can go on.. :D

IJ on the other hand will eat you up alive.. :p

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Can you provide links to back up this assertion? haha j/k

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

There are too may! It would take all night. :)

24. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I do love what I do, you're correct. Once I get into a new situation, I guess I'll know the answer to everything else.

25. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Nah, too many bones.