My Apple 1 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, Feb 27, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

This is my wonderful mac anniversary speech that I wrote in about 10 minutes.

Members of the Mac Community,

One year ago, this very day, upon this very hour, I made a life changing decision. After calling Apple reserving my PowerBook, my mother and I got into the car and proceeded to the Apple Store in Westfarms Mall. The car ride felt like an eternity. After being stuck behind people driving 20mph on a 40mph road, and being stuck in various traffic jams, we finally made it to the Apple Store. My heart beat quickly as I stepped out of the car. I walked quickly into the mall, down the hallway, quickly walked to the store. I entered the store, it was bright, loud, and there were people everywhere. I picked up all the accessories I needed for my computer including a USB Hub, Bluetooth mouse, USB Cable (for the free printer), and the Mini DVI to S-Video adaptor while my mother flagged down a sales person to get my PowerBook. In less than fifteen minutes, we were out of the store, and within an hour, I was home unpacking my new computer, grinning ear to ear, excited as can be.

One year ago this very day I no longer had to worry about viruses, One year ago this very day I no longer had to run ad-aware and spybot to remove my spyware. One year ago this very day I knew that I could make amazing projects using iLife that would blow everyone else’s projects away at school and impress the teachers. And one year ago, I knew that I would never have to Control-Alt-Delete ever again so long as I used my own computer.

Buying a Mac has really changed me. I became a member of the Mac cult, pointing out where ever I saw an apple product, fighting with diehard PC users, and bragging about how much better Macs are than PC’s with my friends and teachers. I have left teachers in awe after presenting keynote and iMovie Projects. When people say to me “What should I do I have a virus on my computer?” I can now say, “buy a mac”.

The experience has been phenomenal, although I have had a few issues along the way, I must say the switch was great, and I don’t know where I would be today with out the support of the MacRumors members indirectly helped me to switch. I would like to thank everyone here for supporting me with my mac related questions and the ones that I may have in the future. I hope that we can all inspire more and more people to switch to over, and join the already strong community of existing mac users.

Thank you.

:) :) :)
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    Awesome man.

That's what the Mac experience is all about.
  3. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

What, no nude photos with this speach? WTF?!

No, heh, just kidding. Good to hear. Glad you enjoy your powerbook, they're awesome little machines. Hell, I'm still enjoying my 2002 Powermac G4. It's old but man can that thing still sing. YABA!
  4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Glad to hear your experience with joining the cult, I mean community, has been so rewarding. ;)
  5. maestro55 macrumors 68030

Nov 13, 2005
    Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
    You know, it truley is amazing. How often do we hear people who bought a new dell talking about how much they love it? Usually after a year of using it they are complaining about how much the computer sucks.
  6. bobscliff macrumors regular

Jul 25, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Awesome. Reminds me of when i got my powerbook, last April. Waiting all that time in the car was awful but it was well worth it. I still remember that new mac smell. Congrats.