My Apple Mouse concept

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iSpud, Feb 5, 2005.

1. iSpud macrumors member

I have the Apple wireless keyboard/mouse and don't really have a problem with the single mouse button. However, the scroll function is sorely missed from my generic usb mouse I had prior.

Anyway, I was thinking that apple should implement a scroll function on their mice. It doesn't even have to be two buttons.

Heres the concept: Instead of a wheel, have a strip of touch sensative trackpad on the center-top portion of the mouse. To scroll, merely drag your finger like you would using a trackpad on an iBook or Powerbook (using sidetrack or some other utility).

I think that would preserve the artistic appeal and add functionality.

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Seriously. I love the Apple Pro Mouse, but I also love the invention of the scroll wheel. You ever check out www.macmice.com ? They got some nice mice.

3. brap macrumors 68000

Consider the human aspect.

A scroller you can use with any part of your finger, however, a pad requires the tip. Where would you place the touchpad so persons with hands of all sizes can use it, without getting RSI?

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Sounds cool, i really think they need some kind of scrolling feature. Here's my idea...they should put the trackpad on the side of the mouse, where your thumb rests. Then you can just stroke the side with your thumb to scroll.

5. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112