My ATT order still in progress?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan028, Oct 8, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Is this normal? I certainly don't want to be on the backorders.

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

Everyone's order is still "Processing" or "In Progress"... however, so long as your delivery date is the 14th, you're fine.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

It doesn't tell me my delivery date anywhere. Where can i find that?

4. macrumors newbie

Mine still says in progress. What I'm worried about is that my CC doens't have a hold or anything. I got an email saying expect it on the 14th. I just called ATT and the rep said it won't be charged until the phone is shipped, but I've seen numerous people say their CC has a hold. Should I be worried?

5. macrumors 65816

Irock619

Having a hold is different from being charged. I have a hold on my account for $215. It won't go through until the phone is shipped.

6. macrumors newbie

But I don't even have a hold.

7. macrumors regular

If you don't have a hold or a charge of any form, you definitely are not getting your phone on the 14th. If you do have a hold or charge, there is no guarantee but your odds are certainly better.

If you don't have a hold or charge, you should still be able to cancel though and go pick one up in store on launch day.

The above information is only accurate if ordered through AT&T - I have no idea what the charging is like if you ordered through Apple.

8. macrumors 65816

Irock619

I agree with what he said. I would call your CC company and ask if there are any holds that you can't see online.

9. macrumors 6502

can you verify this? because i pre-prdered in store, and they charged the whole amount already. so that means i have a good chance of it arriving on the 14th?:D

10. macrumors 6502

amann76

relax op relax... lets say you dont get it on the 14th... what will happen?

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

I'll be sad?

12. macrumors 68020

charged

I have a charge from yesterday, for 374$, also got the email order "YOU MUST ACCEPT THESE T&C's BEFORE WE CAN PROCEED", which I did, and printed and looked at.

But still, my order doesn't show up on my account and the order number doesn't yield anything. I'll wait till monday before calling.

13. macrumors regular

I still can't find my order under order status....I did go to the ATT store today though and they said my order went through. Why can't I see it though?

14. macrumors member

When I ordered my 64 GB white iPhone at 3 AM yesterday through AT&T it said it would be delivered to my house on the 14th. Today my order status on the AT&T web site says processing, there is no delivery date listed, and there is a message "back ordered" as the shipment status on the screen. Oh, and there is a $475 hold on my credit card. This does not bode well.

15. macrumors 6502

Ordered mine as soon as ATT was up. First I got a $1 charge on my debit card. In the morning I got an email from ATT stating that the order had been processed. Order status page states no ship date and that it is backordered - but only because they aren't allowed to release the phone from the warehouse. I also had the full charge pending on my credit card.

Today both charges have disappeared, but I am confident that everything is normal. I wouldn't have gotten the confirmation email if they were not able to pre auth my debit card. You probably just didn't see the charge as it went away fairly quickly with my account.

I wouldn't worry.

16. macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Maybe you should cancel your order?:eek:

17. macrumors member

You should be fine.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1243155

18. macrumors 601

OneMike

These threads are kind of funny. Just relax. We will mostly all have our phones friday.

19. macrumors 68030

greytmom

This is exactly what you should be seeing. Relax.