My ATV2 no longer connects to iTunes?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by amitdoc2b, Jan 23, 2011.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2008
    Just the other day I was playing music videos from my iTunes on my ATV2. I have the latest iTunes & ATV2 software installed, home-sharing is on, WIFI network is always strong, every other feature on ATV2 is working, tried resetting, turning iTunes home-sharing on/off, etc.. Nothing seems to make the ATV2 recognize my iTunes account anymore? What's wrong with it and how can I fix it? I've had the ATV2 since October and never had any problems till now (and I don't jailbreak). Thanks a bunch.
  2. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2008
    Weird. I just tried testing the network connection and it failed. I needed to reenter my password. But when I checked the signal strength it said it was strong even though it wasn't even connected. Not sure why the password had to be reentered because I never reset my router or anything like that, all other wireless devices were working fine. Nonetheless, glad its working again.
  3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Jan 9, 2011
    In front of uranus
    I have noticed from time to time, in my multi-ATV home, that a reset is needed. Simply unplugging the ATV, waiting a few seconds and then plugging back in. A hard reset, so to speak. Only issue is, you have to redo all the settings again (name, password, wi-fi network name, etc...), which is a PIA. I have no idea what causes this and it only happens ever now and then.

Sounds like a similar issue to yours?