My battery life.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Abstract, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I have a 12" 1GHz Powerbook (rev B), and my battery life has gone down the crapper since the battery update. Even when I'm reading music reviews on the net while listening to music using iTunes, my battery life isn't 3 to 3:30 hours anymore. I ran my laptop on battery last night while doing much the same (surfing the net, listening to iTunes), and the battery choked after 2 - 2.5 hours.

I have used my laptop on battery life since 4:57pm, and it is now 6:58pm, and supposedly, I have 44 minute of life remaining, which is great. However, my battery life fluctuates much much more than it used to. I understand that its only an estimated battery life, but once that "estimate" hits 0 minutes, it assumes that my battery is drained even if it isn't, right? Yesterday, my battery dropped from 0:14 minutes remaining, down to 0 in about 5 seconds. Yes, I saw it drop to zero, and my computer proceeded to put itself to sleep.

What happened? Is it the update, or am I not treating my battery well? I have only used my laptop on battery power 3 times since the Battery Update. The first time I used it on battery, I thought I received less life out of my battery, but I thought that the update would only be beneficial after I drain and recharge my battery, since the update affects the charging. But the 2nd time I used my laptop on battery power, it lasted 2-2.5 hours again......that was weeeaaak!! Imagine doing something intense. I was basically typing on message boards for a few hours. That's all I was doing. :eek:

Anything to be concerned about?
  2. EZRyde macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2003
    Same thing

The same thing happened to me, did you ever figure out what happened?