My Bizarre Problem

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wes, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Look at his bizarre message I got when quicktime 6 tried to install. Looks like Apple aren't even prepared for a crash in their software now.

Attached Files:

2. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Dang, thats kinda cool and freaky all at the same time ya know. I never got that when i installed AT 6, beta or public release.....have to wonder who else might be seeing that.....that could scare someone who's not too familiar with computers.

3. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I would have to say that this is a new one to me. I have never even seen that on the macs that we have a work. Wierd. I would send that pic to Apple support and ask them what gives.

4. iGav macrumors G3

Heh heh.... don't believe anyone that says OSX isn't fully customizable...... :p :p :p

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

I'm guessing that this could have been an error about trying to update from the Software Update CP. I'm even going to say that one of the code developers from Apple was going to pass testing of the final version on to someone else, developing QT6, who would input an appropriate error message in replace of the little statement he was given, and he just forgot about it. It's a guess, but IMBA (In my best assumption) that may be why the message displays that.

Try downloading the entire update directly off Apple.

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: My Bizarre Problem

That's really funny - I've gotten plenty of errors that have been just about as helpful though.

Does anyone have a list of the error numbers for OSX? I wouldn't mind having that handy - or is it the same as for OS9?

D

7. Wes thread starter macrumors 68020

Wes

Yeah dukestreet, i'd be interested in one of those too. I remember there used to be a program like that in os 9, anybody care to comment?

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

Try the program Bombs Away for OS 9.

AlphaTech posted an example with an error -36 in my iPod thread under Q&A.