Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
are there any headphone adapters for the new shuffle yet? I haven to foudn them. she does not like the apple earbuds (they fall out) but she really wants talking shuffle.
she has two 1g shuffles one with podcasts one with audiobooks then a nano with random music played on shuffle and when I got my iphone a 60 gig ipod for random musing at home.
so she is hurting with only 4 ipods :D

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
NO! they havent not released anything and im sooo annoyed about it GRRR. i dont like the apple headphones either, so im getting a bit annoyed as i was going to buy one because they look awesome and are pretty cool as well when gym or something. but alas, apple being, well apple they will stick to what THEY think is right
:apple:!=:)

statik13

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2008
If you don't mind doubling the price of your shuffle, I believe the new Apple in ear headphones will work. I have a set for my iPod Touch and they do a nice job if you don't mind spending the money :p

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The iPod in-ear earphones will work as statik13 has already said; a bit pricier, but they are a lot better than the stock earphones.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
She spent her birthday money on a new nano. it speaks the same as the shuffle and is more practical. now she has 2 1g shuffles one 1g nano that likes to drain the battery when not in use and one 60 gig 5g classic.
think she as a few too many?? I doubt the shuffles and old nano will get used much anymore.
though she needs to figure out how to get a cool voice on it over the default. we thought we changed it to a nice one but it put the clunky xp one on there. now if they will only make mac's work well with screen readers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.